Oregon fan watched NU prev 15 games

cg_8

I looked to see if this had been posted, so apologies if it's been posted already.

An Oregon fan watched last seasons 13 games and the 2 games this year and had some pretty good analysis of the Huskers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/52eqo7/nebraska_fans_ive_now_watched_your_last_15_games/

Some of my favorite quotes:

Quarterback - Senior starter #4 QB Armstrong is without a doubt the most frustrating football player I've ever seen

1. What's up with Wilbon's disappearance? He looked incredible in the Spring game and brought a totally different dynamic to the offense, but I've barely seen him in competition.

There's better stuff in there, but those I was like "THANK YOU!"

Enjoy.

• Fire 3

Starter #25 S Gerry returns ... I know Huskers want to stand by their man (he's dealt with some controversies), but I feel more conflicted about him. He's clearly got good instincts for the play and the speed to get him to the ballcarrier in time to minimize the gain, but the guy just can't reliably make a one-on-one tackle in space - every game I'd see him get badly juked or get dragged 8 yards or just whiff on the tackle entirely

Okay, so it wasn't just me.

I don't recall any of that this past Saturday, so hopefully this is a new and improved Nathan Gerry.

Starter #25 S Gerry returns ... I know Huskers want to stand by their man (he's dealt with some controversies), but I feel more conflicted about him. He's clearly got good instincts for the play and the speed to get him to the ballcarrier in time to minimize the gain, but the guy just can't reliably make a one-on-one tackle in space - every game I'd see him get badly juked or get dragged 8 yards or just whiff on the tackle entirely

Okay, so it wasn't just me.

I don't recall any of that this past Saturday, so hopefully this is a new and improved Nathan Gerry.

Yea, it was mostly against runs where he whiffed. The problem is this week he is going against a team with a lot more speed. So if its between him and Freeman and the endzone on a play I might be a little concerned. I hope he proves me wrong though as he could have whiffed as a confidence issue or he was just out of position. Lets just hope he has a fantastic game and we can beat the Ducks and get some good national recognition.

Good write up, but some of the comments are pretty funny (these are not mine):

Where does Jammal Lord rank on this list?

Best safety to ever play quarterback in 127 years of Nebraska football.

Quarterback - Senior starter #4 QB Armstrong is without a doubt the most frustrating football player I've ever seen.

Apparently you missed out on the Taylor Martinez era. Lucky you.

Why do I feel like Armstrong has been the qb forever.

Because you lost to him early in his freshman year.

He signed a 4-year extension after 2014. Pretty sure he'll be here until he's 30.

4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS!

Poor Tommy, hope he has a good sense of humor. And I hope he destroys Oregon!