Bonehead Play secures the win for the Huskers

IMO the biggest play of the game was 3rd and 36 and Banker decides to play coverage and only rush 3. I knew immediately it was going to bite us in the ass. NU had all the momentum at that point. They are up 28-20 have scored the last 2 TDs and if they get a stop get the ball back and are moving again on a tired UO defense. Instead they pick up 25 go for it on 4th and 1 and score on a 41 yard run and regain the momentum.

That was the biggest tactical error of the game.

IMO the biggest play of the game was 3rd and 36 and Banker decides to play coverage and only rush 3. I knew immediately it was going to bite us in the ass. NU had all the momentum at that point. They are up 28-20 have scored the last 2 TDs and if they get a stop get the ball back and are moving again on a tired UO defense. Instead they pick up 25 go for it on 4th and 1 and score on a 41 yard run and regain the momentum.

I rewatched the game, and everyone needs to simmer down about the 3 man rush. Kevin Maurice pressures Prukop and flushes him up field, but Prukop finds an open WR. The secondary blew that play, not the DL or the pressure.

Yep. A couple plays go different and Nebraska loses. A couple other plays go different, and the Huskers win a blowout.

Sometimes just handing the ball to Ozigbo doesn't work.

Because defensive coordinators get paid to figure that out.

No need for me to argue the point.

I'll let the actual on the field results speak for themselves, you explain why this play was better than it actually was.

I would love to have you explain what you think the play was. The play was F'ed up from the start with the snap. Can you tell me if it was a run?? Pass?? Jet Sweep?? QB Draw?? Oh....and please explain your evidence for why you believe that.

Oh...and please include your evidence that what you think the play was.....wouldn't have worked.

PS.....I'm assuming you do know the play didn't go as planned.

After talking to a couple guys about the OTHER boneheaded play... The backwards pass... I decided that it was nothing more than a simple swing pass to the RB that pro QBs throw 30 times before lunch.

We should be able to do those routinely without screwing it up if we hope to beat any good teams.

BobDog shouldn't get beat up every time he calls an ordinary play.