Coaches as Recruiters

Lol, auto discredit by agreeing with 84 on anything.

84 could say the sky is blue and you'd disagree with him.

I don't side with him often, just when he's right.

LMAO, right about what?

Facts are facts and our recruiting has improved EVERY way you can decipher it.

I went thru and checked out where we have been at over the past 5 years and recruiting really hasn't improved in EVERY way...its actually been about the same. The question is can Riley and the staff close out classes better than the previous staff.

Untitled.png

• Fire 2

Lol, auto discredit by agreeing with 84 on anything.

84 could say the sky is blue and you'd disagree with him.

I don't side with him often, just when he's right.

LMAO, right about what?

Facts are facts and our recruiting has improved EVERY way you can decipher it.

I went thru and checked out where we have been at over the past 5 years and recruiting really hasn't improved in EVERY way...its actually been about the same. The question is can Riley and the staff close out classes better than the previous staff.

Untitled.png

I don't like the way you figured that out and have no idea how you did it. Explain a little better how you figured the 8 commits out in 2015??!?!??!?!

Based on when the recruit committed, thru September of 2014 we had 8 commits based on their commit date listed on Rivals/247. List of 2015 recruits with commit dates using 247 composite ratings is below. Keep in mind these don't account for decommits, I'm assuming there were some commits during the May-November timeframe that decommitted after Bo got fired, but I don't have the time to look them up right now.

Untitled.png

Based on when the recruit committed, thru September of 2014 we had 8 commits based on their commit date listed on Rivals/247. List of 2015 recruits with commit dates using 247 composite ratings is below. Keep in mind these don't account for decommits, I'm assuming there were some commits during the May-November timeframe that decommitted after Bo got fired, but I don't have the time to look them up right now.

Untitled.png

So frustrating to see uneducated posts.

So you are trying to tell me, that Riley's staff gets absolutely no credit for keeping good commits, committed after a coaching change? Are you serious?

I'll do my own study, you do yours. I'll guarantee 1 damn thing, mine will be an accurate representation of Nebraska football, yours will not.

So you are trying to tell me, that Riley's staff gets absolutely no credit for keeping good commits, committed after a coaching change? Are you serious?

I'll do my own study, you do yours. I'll guarantee 1 damn thing, mine will be an accurate representation of Nebraska football, yours will not.

There is plenty of room for discussion without the attack.

That's not what he's saying at all. He's simply comparing where we were in recruiting at this same time-frame over the past few years.

Wow, I think you are taking my post the wrong way. I am also really excited about this recruiting class and really wanted to see if the recruiting was doing as well as I thought it was. I quickly threw this together yesterday based on the data that was available on 247 and the time I had. If anything I was hoping to find out that our recruiting was doing so much better this year than under the previous staff. I was surprised to see that the recruiting services are showing that there isn't that much of a difference. I'd love to be shown how to do this better than how I approached it. My intention wasn't to disparage the current staff but to explore how things might be improved.

I don't know where I took credit away from Riley from keeping good commits?

Wow, I think you are taking my post the wrong way. I am also really excited about this recruiting class and really wanted to see if the recruiting was doing as well as I thought it was. I quickly threw this together yesterday based on the data that was available on 247 and the time I had. If anything I was hoping to find out that our recruiting was doing so much better this year than under the previous staff. I was surprised to see that the recruiting services are showing that there isn't that much of a difference. I'd love to be shown how to do this better than how I approached it. My intention wasn't to disparage the current staff but to explore how things might be improved.

I don't know where I took credit away from Riley from keeping good commits?

I believe recruiting has improved but, you need to go back a little farther to see it. The last few classes of Bo's were actually pretty decent compared to the first few of his time here. That has carried through to last year and this year. Where I'm excited for an improvement is the fact we are getting some even bigger studs visiting and interested. If we can get some of those to commit, you will see a jump on ratings on the complete class.

Again, these are just 'snapshots' in time for past recruiting classes through September. It's easy to look back and criticize each of the classes for how some of the players turned out, this is just how they were ranked by the services at the time. The previous staff's classes weren't as big at the same time period as this years but they rank pretty well against them.

Untitled.png

• Fire 1

I appreciate your efforts and it's interesting to look at. But, I'm not sure you can look at all the classes through just September and say if recruiting has improved or not. We don't just use players on Saturday that commit before Oct 1st.

What this does show is that early recruiting hasn't improved that much other than we are getting more recruits to commit earlier....which....is an improvement by itself.