NU Envy

http://www.greatsportsrivalries.com/1994_n..._champions.html

Please read link provided above before viewing post. Thanks!

I have never seen such a load of cr@p. I knew that in the mid 90s the Huskers where the team to beat. But I had no idea that people in this world had enough time in their lives to make a web sight about how they "should: have got the championship. The bottom line is if Penn State played in the championship game and got stomped by Miami there never would have been any discussion.

Cry me a river Penn State fans, i do not think i can count on my fingers and toes the number of times Nebraska has been screwed out of games because of bad ref calls. You want to talk about bad calls!?!?!? NU vs PSU 1982 where the Penn State was given a miraculious 5th down on that play the reciever caught the ball about a mile out of the end zone and it was called a touch down <_< . The broadcasting crew did not even know what to say because the call was that bad. Oh yea and beating Nebraska ( on those 2 BS calls ) sent Penn State to the national championship against Georgia in 1982. But being as classy of fans as we Husker fans are we did not go out and slander Penn State.

But you wana know what made me mad .... you really want to know what really made my blood boil. :steam

By having the balls to go and de-face a man like Dr. Tom Osborn and call him a "second rate" coach. Saying that he never earned any of his national championships and putting down a man who had dedicated his life to helping people and the great sport of football.

Personally, I have alot of respect for the Penn State football program and Joe Pa but it is fans like this that give the entire fan base of Penn State a bad name.

I always thought that Colorado had the worst fans in college football, but who ever made that web sight is giving them a run for their money.

Out! :restore2

Some people do some really stupid things,

They don't like the writers or coaches or whoever decision to award 94 championship to NU and how do they react...

by bashing the character of a good coach and good human being, insulting players who worked hard (just like their players did) and insulting fans who support their team (just like they do). YOU MISSED YOUR OWN POINT. Hopefully anyone reading this site will see these people for who they are.

hate the system that prevents two really good teams from deciding things on the field and puts the decision into the hands of writers, coaches or whoever.

P.S. - By the way, that ESPN poll put the 2005 trojans as the best all time. Maybe, just maybe, human and computer polls shouldn't be taken all that seriously.

Its not our fault that the big ten is a big bunch of ...... and refused to play anyone else other than the pac ten... go bitch at your own conference that screwed you out of getting a shot to get you ass kicked by nebraska, not the team that simply went about its own business and won every game they played... your fault, not ours.

http://www.greatsportsrivalries.com/1994_n..._champions.html

Please read link provided above before viewing post. Thanks!

I have never seen such a load of cr@p. I knew that in the mid 90s the Huskers where the team to beat. But I had no idea that people in this world had enough time in their lives to make a web sight about how they "should: have got the championship. The bottom line is if Penn State played in the championship game and got stomped by Miami there never would have been any discussion.

Cry me a river Penn State fans, i do not think i can count on my fingers and toes the number of times Nebraska has been screwed out of games because of bad ref calls. You want to talk about bad calls!?!?!? NU vs PSU 1982 where the Penn State was given a miraculious 5th down on that play the reciever caught the ball about a mile out of the end zone and it was called a touch down <_< . The broadcasting crew did not even know what to say because the call was that bad. Oh yea and beating Nebraska ( on those 2 BS calls ) sent Penn State to the national championship against Georgia in 1982. But being as classy of fans as we Husker fans are we did not go out and slander Penn State.

But you wana know what made me mad .... you really want to know what really made my blood boil. :steam

By having the balls to go and de-face a man like Dr. Tom Osborn and call him a "second rate" coach. Saying that he never earned any of his national championships and putting down a man who had dedicated his life to helping people and the great sport of football.

Personally, I have alot of respect for the Penn State football program and Joe Pa but it is fans like this that give the entire fan base of Penn State a bad name.

I always thought that Colorado had the worst fans in college football, but who ever made that web sight is giving them a run for their money.

Out! :restore2

First I'd like to say greetings to all cornhusker fans out there,I'm sure I'll enjoy this site greatly.that said having been in pennsylvania since '92 {originally from Iowa}I can attest to the arragance and ignorance of the majority of penn state fans.after we rightfully won the title in '95 I proudly wore my husker gear out and about only to get stares and comments uttered under breath.and to this day they still whine about it in the local newspaper.the fact is that psu before joining the big ten was a big fish in a little pond.always there to beat up on the temples,rutgers and akrons of the football world.they have a miserable record against top ten opponents.and since joining the big ten they have TWO conference titles.In the same time span I belive Iowa and northwestern have that many too.but for the well being of the husker nation I say forget these losers,they'll always be envious of better programs than themselves.

Some people have way too much time on their hands. NU and PSU both had great teams that year, but the two teams were not allowed to play each other and the pollsters decided to rate us number 1. This guy is in a time warp and thinking NU stole the NC, when he should blame the voters from the media and the coaches. I'm not going into who I think was the best team -- we already beat the hell out of that and there is nothing else to add. The same things goes to those who still want to compare the 1997 NU and MU teams. Forget it! It's done. Get a life.