Les Miles

cornheadnation

Those of you hoping Miles would come to Nebraska must be forgetting about his tenure at OkSU. Sex and money for recruits, and academic fraud for players.

Although he's never been implicated for any of that at LSU, ... It's the SEC.

He recruited a guy at my nieces' high school (B1G state) who was in trouble of graduating high school and smoked the weed on the reg. He played all 4-years at LSU, now in NFL. A lot of B1G schools stayed clear of him. I think many of the SEC schools know how to keep kids eligible and babysit them so they stay out of trouble.

Interview with Les Miles, at the 6:30 mark asked if he would return to coaching, paraphrasing: "I have a young son committed to a Big Ten conference team, a very quality one, I think I could find something to do"

Special teams? chuckleshuffle

http://www.lsufootball.net/audio/interviews/160926-les-miles-dan-patrick.mp3

http://www.lsufootball.net/audio/interviews/ 160926-les-miles-dan-patrick.mp3

Copy and remove the space to get a player that lets you see the time stamp.

We all know why Nebraska fired Bo. But looking solely at W/L records like Zoogs implied, Les Miles firing is comparable to a degree.

If we look at the final four (plus four games) of Les, it is similar: .71 for both of them.

So in that sense, LSU not only completely erased his first *seven* seasons of .81 as "not lately", they were substantially more impatient with him. He was on the hotseat entering the season with .73 is his previous four, and he lost by the narrowest of margins: 1) to a Top 10 team that steamrolled Michigan State, and 2) when LSU's game-winning TD was nullified by a hair. Bo didn't bank seven years of goodwill; his seven seasons here were like Miles' last four, which for Les were embroiled by discontent even on the basis of record.

Cumulatively Les was .77 in 11-plus seasons. He finished unranked twice; in the remaining nine seasons he *averaged* a Top 10 ranking (#8.9), winning one NCG and losing another. After 2008 (NR in both polls), Bo's teams averaged about a #21 ranking, finishing (barely) Top 15 once, in 2009.

So, even on a football basis, not that comparable. And the thing is, people aren't completely freaking out about LSU either. They're taking a gamble, not committing a cardinal, program-destroying sin. There's some surprise, but also understanding that this has been on the cusp for a little while already.

Interview with Les Miles, at the 6:30 mark asked if he would return to coaching, paraphrasing: "I have a young son committed to a Big Ten conference team, a very quality one, I think I could find something to do"

Special teams? chuckleshuffle

http://www.lsufootball.net/audio/interviews/160926-les-miles-dan-patrick.mp3

http://www.lsufootball.net/audio/interviews/ 160926-les-miles-dan-patrick.mp3

Copy and remove the space to get a player that lets you see the time stamp.

He clearly was alluding to the fact that he could go to his son's football games. It was when he was asked if it was scary not thinking about coaching, as a follow-up question to "do you see yourself coaching next year?" Les said its hard to see himself *not* coaching, just because he's been doing it for so long.

He also referred to his other two kids in college, that doesn't mean he's going to Texas or UNC either. In fact, Miles prefaced the whole thing with "I think I have the not coaching figured out".

No need to stoke a fire that has no merit, to start some sort of kerfluffle.

Those of you hoping Miles would come to Nebraska must be forgetting about his tenure at OkSU. Sex and money for recruits, and academic fraud for players.

Although he's never been implicated for any of that at LSU, ... It's the SEC.

He recruited a guy at my nieces' high school (B1G state) who was in trouble of graduating high school and smoked the weed on the reg. He played all 4-years at LSU, now in NFL. A lot of B1G schools stayed clear of him. I think many of the SEC schools know how to keep kids eligible and babysit them so they stay out of trouble.

No doubt he has proven to be an excellent recruiter. And for many years he has stayed out of trouble in terms of NCAA violations, so maybe he has refined his tactics since OSU. Or gotten better at cheating.

I just remember thinking that we probably got lucky not being charged with any rule-breaking during John Blake's short tenure here, since he has had issues with that both before and after. At Oklahoma and North Carolina, I believe.

• 1 month later...