Clinton probably finished off Trump in the final debate

Clinton Probably Finished Off Trump Last Night

I’m not sure I need to tell you this, but Hillary Clinton is probably going to be the next president. It’s just a question of what “probably” means.

Clinton went into the final presidential debate on Wednesday with a lead of about 7 percentage points over Donald Trump. And according to the only two scientific polls we’ve seen, voters thought that Clinton won the debate. Occasionally, the initial reaction to a debate can differ from the way it’s perceived days later. But in this case, the morning headlines, which focused overwhelmingly on Trump’s refusal to say whether he’ll accept the election results, are potentially worse for Trump than the debate itself. In YouGov’s poll of debate watchers, 68 percent of voters said they think the candidates should pledge to accept the results of the election.

There are less than three weeks left in the campaign, and there are no more guaranteed opportunities for Trump or Clinton to command a huge public audience, as they do at the conventions and the debates (although, they’ll get plenty of attention, of course). Millions of people have already voted. Trump has had a significant advertising deficit, and an even more significant deficit in terms of his turnout operation. He’ll probably spend a significant chunk of the remaining news cycles quarreling over his contention that the election is rigged, and with the numerous women who have accused him of sexual assault. He doesn’t have an obvious — or even a not-so-obvious — path to the presidency.

• Fire 1

Latest poll from the most reliable and accurate polling organization from the past 3 presidential elections has the following numbers as of yesterday: Trump 41%; Clinton 40%, others 19%. The debate last night did nothing to hurt Trump and he continues to get the lion's share of the discussion and publicity certainly. Clinton people seem to say - well she didn't lose or want to point to several short statements Trump makes that they finding 'shocking' or so politically incorrect as to be just 'terrible' and say that these simple things are somehow destroying Trump and he can't possibly win. But they been saying that since Trump first announced he was running a year ago. He just keeps on gong and he doesn't listen to the 'political wonks' whose advice and ideas have got the country in the mess its already in. I am happy he refuses to be a part of the political class of 'insiders' who seem to think they know better than everyday people. There remains to be seen what the mass media's attempts to attack and smear him (they have been attacking him daily for a year and it has not worked so far) will ultimately do. It all comes down to the RINO republicans and how they vote. I find it hard to imagine that any sincerely 'republican' middle of the road American can possibly vote for Hillary. The worst, most corrupt candidate in modern political history by far.

• Fire 2

I'll wait for the results, Hillary Clinton has everyone in her back pocket including the media. So I refuse to believe she's simply leading this election because the press tries to tell me she is. I'll wait and see what the outcome is. If she wins, she wins, if she doesn't, I won't be surprised. When Trump is packing arena's left and right and is getting the attention he is getting it makes it hard to believe she's leading by such a large margin.

Latest poll from the most reliable and accurate polling organization from the past 3 presidential elections has the following numbers as of yesterday: Trump 41%; Clinton 40%, others 19%. The debate last night did nothing to hurt Trump and he continues to get the lion's share of the discussion and publicity certainly. Clinton people seem to say - well she didn't lose or want to point to several short statements Trump makes that they finding 'shocking' or so politically incorrect as to be just 'terrible' and say that these simple things are somehow destroying Trump and he can't possibly win. But they been saying that since Trump first announced he was running a year ago. He just keeps on gong and he doesn't listen to the 'political wonks' whose advice and ideas have got the country in the mess its already in. I am happy he refuses to be a part of the political class of 'insiders' who seem to think they know better than everyday people. There remains to be seen what the mass media's attempts to attack and smear him (they have been attacking him daily for a year and it has not worked so far) will ultimately do. It all comes down to the RINO republicans and how they vote. I find it hard to imagine that any sincerely 'republican' middle of the road American can possibly vote for Hillary. The worst, most corrupt candidate in modern political history by far.

I agree with the bold. The question repubs have to ask themselves is if they can hold their nose and vote for Trump and many have said no. They will vote 3rd party, or not vote. The problem is that while Clinton is the most corrupt candidate in modern political history, Trump is the most unqualified (not just because he isn't a politician - that may be a plus in many ways) mainly due to his temperament and other issues that we all know about. If Rubio was the nominee, he'd be mopping the floor wt Hillary. While Trump had a decent debate up to the big moment everyone is talking about, he missed some real opportunities to drive home why she was wrong on issues and policy. I think Rubio would win easily and so would a few other repubs. Cruz also would have destroyed her on a one on one debate. A lot of spilt milk here that is too late to mop up. Thanks RNC and early primary voters.

• Fire 2