What Did We Learn - Wisconsin Edition

I just re watched the 1st half watching only our oline. Played pretty Damn good other than Knevel. Not sure I understand the Utter hate. He held his own. Mcnitt needs to stay on his blocks longer. Our backs need to be able to make at least one person miss. And if somebody would have just got a hand on Watt that would've helped.

• Fire 1

I just re watched the 1st half watching only our oline. Played pretty Damn good other than Knevel. Not sure I understand the Utter hate. He held his own. Mcnitt needs to stay on his blocks longer. Our backs need to be able to make at least one person miss. And if somebody would have just got a hand on Watt that would've helped.

Pro Football Focus graded Utter as our top-performing offensive player for the Wisconsin game.

Not offensive lineman. Offensive player.

Bump in competition will do that I reckon. Plus injuries really hurt our production.

The 4.4 per play against Wisky was Riley's lowest since taking the helm......
very interesting statistic. I don't know what the average is but if I had to guess 4.4 yards per play as your worst offensive performance is a good thing. Again I don't know what is considered good and bad in this statistic but 4.4 yards per play does not seem terrible at all to me.

I learned we can win big if we had a passing threat.

I think against OSU we have to get Tommy as many easy completions as possible early as Mav has talked about. It's critical. Give Tommy as little chance to fail as possible for the first 10 throws. If we can hit 7 of those easy throws that will set Tommy up to be more successful later on when we have to ask more of him because the confidence will be there. Got to get him moving forward more on rollout to prevent those fadeaway throws he makes that lead to incompletions or worse every time.