What Did We Learn - Wisconsin Edition

I learned that as much as this loss hurts, it's going to feel so much sweeter when we finally get off the schneid against Wisconsin.

Carlos Davis has a chance to be a really special player. Hope his shoulder injury isn't serious.

Westerkamp needs to be on the field more...don't know if he was limited because of his injury or what, but I don't know why you wouldn't have your best receiver out there in 2 WR sets.

The jet sweep to DPE is just not ever going to work. Moore and Reilly run it well, DPE does not....need to stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Banderas is finally living up to his potential. He was a missile out there.

All in all this loss sucks, but we still control our own destiny in the division. Need to get the offense rolling next week against Ohio St, they're not this super team the media makes them out to be.

I learned that I HATE WISCONSIN even more than I already thought I hated those a$$hole$. I am tired of losing to them. I also learned that the refs will always give the other big ten teams the benefit of the doubt and not call the penalties as they should. I also learned that the BTN guys are huge douchbags who actually do not like Nebraska as they did not even mention the missed pass interference call. And finally, I learned that we just can't get out of our own way. We had a couple of opportunities to seal the victory and TA did what TA does in big games. Chokes...

Other than that. I am very happy with the turn around this season. I was very critical of Mike Riley but I have to admit that he seems like a very nice guy who can actually get these kids to pay and compete. Although this loss was extremely hurtful and I will not get over it for a while, I will take it any time over being blown out of the field like Bo's teams were manhandled.

It just seems like every time we play this badger a$$hole$, there is ONE player that takes over and kills us and we just can't find a way to stop them. Today, it was that schmuck Ogunbwale who seemed to run wild with us looking at him. Take him out and we win this game easily.

Finished watching the parts of the game I missed. Man, not to dog on Tommy, but he really did miss a number of passes and is going to be upset with himself. It wasn't so much the Tommy WTH are you doing, but Tommy settle down hit your guy. The OL didn't give him a lot of time, the coaches should find plays to help them out, but players have to play. A couple passes I think Tommy could have gotten better effort out of his targets. Foster was one. I would have liked to see Reilly go up stronger on that deep ball early in the game, but that might be nitpicking.

The defense gave up about 80-90 rush yards on two plays in the last two series, fortunately for the missed FG, neither of them hurt the team. There were a few things they need to clean up, but I'm not worried about the defense. Next week will be difficult with a mobile QB like Barrett, keep grinding blackshirts.

Refs didn't cost us the game, but this was our game where we didn't get the calls. PI in the end zone on Moore wasn't called. And obviously the Westy blown no call. Blackledge said the right OT gave a good enough block (on Dzuris) for the QB to complete the TD pass..I think Dzuris got held. I could see it not being called, but he had Dzuris around the outside and beginning to fall on his back, if someone could explain why it was a legit block - I'll listen.

Still think this team showed us what is needed to feel positive going forward, it was a hard fought game and Wiscy earned it, but we also had our chances and unfortunately left plays on the field. This was a loss I can accept, after all years of saying "just want to see them compete and show well." I believe they showed what I would like for the trajectory of the program.

Let's get after Bucky and right the ship.

It just seems like every time we play this badger a$$hole$, there is ONE player that takes over and kills us and we just can't find a way to stop them. Today, it was that schmuck Ogunbwale who seemed to run wild with us looking at him. Take him out and we win this game easily.

We would have won the game if it was 11 vs. 10!

Wrong

Don't know how well he played overall but when he wants to Bandaras can hit hard. Him and Gerry where just killing people out there.

Bandaras just needs to read the plays a little better as the first TD was him falling for the fake and the RB ran it in his lane in which he had just left trying to get a head start on an outside run. But overall he had a good game. We needed the LB's to stand tall and for the most part they did.

I learned that I'm more confident going against Ohio St now than I was last week.

Yep.

The big difference is that Barrett his mobile unlike the two statues Wisky had last night. Hopefully he plays another stinker because if he plays up to his potential then Barrett will make it hard to keep up with them. If he plays like he has the last month or so (which makes me think he may have some sort of minor injury to his throwing arm/shoulder that isn't being reported) then we have a really good chance to escape with the W we need to keep our lead in the division.

Wrong

We would have won the game if it was 11 vs 9!

Wrong

We would have won the game if it was 11 vs 9!

Stop giving us a handicap! We lost when it was 11 vs 11, us having fewer men on the field won't make it any easier on us! :P

• Fire 1