Big Ten Announces 2017 Friday Night Primetime Schedule

Saunders

As the father of a current high school player, and another who will soon be playing, I hate the Friday night games. It isn't one out of every three of 4 years as people keep mentioning. It is 3 or 4 out of every 5 years with one of those being a home game. I'm really hoping that Nebraska schools schedule those games on Thursday or Saturday but time will tell. My family never misses a game so to be forced to miss a game is a big deal to us. I also think this could potentially end the sellout streak as well. I know many people who attend every home game that would be forced to take a day off work- not possible for all involved. I'm not normally a negative person but to me the "silver lining" on these isn't worth the cost imo.

• Fire 2

Big Ten schools announced football games to be televised in Friday primetime during the 2017 season. The games, which will be televised by ESPN and FOX, are as follows:

Fri., Sept. 1 Washington at Rutgers

Fri., Sept. 1 Utah State at Wisconsin

Fri., Sept. 8 Ohio at Purdue

Fri., Sept. 29 Nebraska at Illinois

Fri., Oct. 13 Northwestern at Maryland

Fri., Oct. 27 Michigan State at Northwestern

Not a fan of playing on Friday nights.

But, playing a road game, against a team like Illinois, makes a Friday night game barely more palatable.

The Big 10 better not ever schedule a Nebraska home game on Friday night.