Big Ten Announces 2017 Friday Night Primetime Schedule

Saunders

It is.

Well hopefully we will be atteactive enough to recruits that they will still want to visit a different weekend if we end up playing a Friday home game. Sky isn't falling yet because of this.

I have no idea why people are flipping out over the recruiting aspects of this decision. Yes, home game visits are an important aspect to recruiting, but it's one home game over a 3 year period. It's not the end of the world.

Because it IS a big deal.

it is esp since for whatever reason Ohio St, Michigan, and Penn St have already been granted that they dont have to lose that home game recruiting opportunity.

Well hopefully we will be atteactive enough to recruits that they will still want to visit a different weekend if we end up playing a Friday home game. Sky isn't falling yet because of this.

I have no idea why people are flipping out over the recruiting aspects of this decision. Yes, home game visits are an important aspect to recruiting, but it's one home game over a 3 year period. It's not the end of the world.

So, just because?

So, just because?

Many recruits want to see the game day experience. We have signed some of our major recruits over the years because they come in to town and experience that. It truly is something special. A home game on Friday night completely eliminates that game as a visitation game. We are already behind the eight ball in ability to get kids on campus to experience Nebraska. We don't need more going against us.

Another thing. It's not even just visitation. These kids have games on Friday nights. They won't be able to see us play live like many of them like to do. That takes away from recruiting also.

On top of all that, Friday night games are just flat out stupid for college football.

So, just because?

Many recruits want to see the game day experience. We have signed some of our major recruits over the years because they come in to town and experience that. It truly is something special. A home game on Friday night completely eliminates that game as a visitation game. We are already behind the eight ball in ability to get kids on campus to experience Nebraska. We don't need more going against us.

Another thing. It's not even just visitation. These kids have games on Friday nights. They won't be able to see us play live like many of them like to do. That takes away from recruiting also.

On top of all that, Friday night games are just flat out stupid for college football.

I think you're making a mountain out of a mole-hill. You're kind of taking the stance that this has a downside, so regardless how big or small, it's a downside and thus bad.

I agree that I don't like it. It interferes with high school football, although a lot of high schools schedule random Thursday night games.

My only gripe is I don't understand the reason why and I don't understand why certain schools were given amnesty.

How many Husker fans were at Illinois last year? Probably not as many next year but perhaps the novelty draws some to counter.

Not nearly as big of a deal as some are trying to make it out to be. Not ideal but not terrible either. And we have it out of the way until at least 2020.

Is the B1G mandate to play in a Friday game once every 3 years, or to host a Friday game once every 3 years.

EDIT: According to the OWH release last week, it says "Nebraska will host one of these Friday night games every three years. The 2017 Friday night schedule is expected to be announced within the next week, but Nebraska has received no indication that it will play a Friday night home game next season"

Yep, you're right. I can't count apparently.

Though I did think it was just play in a game every three years. So I thought we got off easy on the first round. But that seems to say our turn to host would still be on the horizon.

The real hamper on recruiting will be what the window of us finding out who/when we play these games.

10 months

So almost a year in advance....why are we freaking out about this then?

"Hey Mr. Recruit, we know you had your heart set on seeing Maryland play in Lincoln, but it's gonna be a Friday night game now. Would you be willing to come for Michigan instead?"

"Golly I don't think so Coach, I REALLY had my heart set on seeing Maryland during my visit! I'm probably going to have to go ahead and drop you from my top 20 schools!"

"NOOOOOOOO, DAMN YOU JIM DELANEY!"

So, just because?

A Friday night game is barely any different from an 11:00 AM kickoff from a visitation standpoint. For the Wyoming game, we had exactly one visitor. We din't have much for visitors for the Purdue game and don't have a lot on the schedule for the next two weeks either. If we were bringing in 15 guys each weekend and had to squeeze them into other weeks, it would be a different story. As it is, it might be 2-3 kids who have to find a different weekend. Once every three years. It's not that big of a deal.

I think you would be surprised how many of them don't play on Friday night. Plus they have DVRs.

Tennessee, Lousiville (x3), Stanford (x2), Michigan State, Baylor (x2), Clemson (x2), USC (x2), Utah (x2), TCU, Washington, Miami, Oregon, Oklahoma, UCLA, and Florida State have all played weeknight games JUST THIS YEAR. We're talking about one every three years. It's not that big of a deal.

So, just because?

I think you're making a mountain out of a mole-hill. You're kind of taking the stance that this has a downside, so regardless how big or small, it's a downside and thus bad.

I agree that I don't like it. It interferes with high school football, although a lot of high schools schedule random Thursday night games.

My only gripe is I don't understand the reason why and I don't understand why certain schools were given amnesty.

Maybe so.

But, on top of everything, it's just plain stupid and unnecessary. The unnecessary part is a major point.

How many Husker fans were at Illinois last year? Probably not as many next year but perhaps the novelty draws some to counter.

Not nearly as big of a deal as some are trying to make it out to be. Not ideal but not terrible either. And we have it out of the way until at least 2020.

Is the B1G mandate to play in a Friday game once every 3 years, or to host a Friday game once every 3 years.

EDIT: According to the OWH release last week, it says "Nebraska will host one of these Friday night games every three years. The 2017 Friday night schedule is expected to be announced within the next week, but Nebraska has received no indication that it will play a Friday night home game next season"

Yep, you're right. I can't count apparently.

Though I did think it was just play in a game every three years. So I thought we got off easy on the first round. But that seems to say our turn to host would still be on the horizon.

Brian Christopherson already speculated that the NU vs. Indiana game in October 2019 would be an easy target to move to Friday. NU has a bye week the week before. That is now set for 10/26/2019.

• Fire 1