Campaign reform—What would you do?

Have Election Day be a holiday so everyone has an opportunity to vote.

I'd happily take the day of off, but employers would have a fit.

This year was the easiest vote ever for me. Filled out an early ballot form, emailed it to the election commission, filled out my ballot on my time, dropped it off 3 weeks early on my way home from work.

Too easy.

Unfortunately it isn't that easy in a lot of states. Either 2 or 4 years ago the fine people of Missouri voted down early voting. There are of course absentee options but otherwise your only option is a trip to your polling place on the day of. There were people in Kansas City, MO waiting in line 4+ hours.

I'd rather see some sort of a nationwide push to have either a full week to vote or mail in ballots.

SHORTEN THE CAMPAIGNS.

This nonsense started in the summer of 2015. That means we'll be hearing about campaigns firing up in a little more than 2.5 years. Then it's another 16-18 months of dog-and-pony show nonsense.

:cheers

Start in April. campaign two weeks for nomination. have a couple debates. have the primaries. No caucuses. No town halls. Everyone has primary same night. Select the winner. Campaign. Have debates. dun.

Agreed.

I'd like to see voter ID implemented to ensure only living, legal voters vote.

^^ This

SHORTEN THE CAMPAIGNS.

This nonsense started in the summer of 2015. That means we'll be hearing about campaigns firing up in a little more than 2.5 years. Then it's another 16-18 months of dog-and-pony show nonsense.

Start in April. campaign two weeks for nomination. have a couple debates. have the primaries. No caucuses. No town halls. Everyone has primary same night. Select the winner. Campaign. Have debates. dun.

Agreed.

^^ This

A Voter ID law would be fine if the IDs weren't made harder for poor and minorities to get for the sole purpose of reducing their voting numbers. Yes this can and does happen. If an ID is required there should be a free voting version anyone 18+ can obtain easily.

SHORTEN THE CAMPAIGNS.

Agreed.

^^ This
A Voter ID law would be fine if the IDs weren't made harder for poor and minorities to get for the sole purpose of reducing their voting numbers. Yes this can and does happen. If an ID is required there should be a free voting version anyone 18+ can obtain easily.

And more BS. This is simply not true.

The right has offered the free voting ID version, and the left still spews this nonsense.

The right has offered the free voting ID version, and the left still spews this nonsense.

Please list the "right" states where free voter IDs are easily obtained by everyone.

SHORTEN THE CAMPAIGNS.

Agreed.

^^ This

Still think so?

SHORTEN THE CAMPAIGNS.

Agreed.

^^ This

You seem to have trouble understanding what you read, and then reply anyway. I didn't say every ID law and every idea for an ID law has been expensive/discriminates against minorities.

I said it has happened that places with voter ID laws have made it harder for the poor and minorities to get IDs. It can and has happened. That is a fact.

1 - Voter ID laws that ensure only people eligible to vote, do; and that every person eligible to vote, can.

2 - award electoral votes like Nebraska and Maine.

3 - draw congressional districts like Iowa

4- take away the do not call list exemptions from political parties and candidates.

5- standard voting machines that ensure accuracy and can be recounted by hand if necessary (opti-scan?)

SHORTEN THE CAMPAIGNS.

Agreed.

^^ This

Still think so?

Yes. I read through these articles and there seems to be a misunderstanding of what facts are and what assumptions are. In the case of the old man in Texas, it seems to me that he and his family neglected to keep his personal information updated. Texas has specific information they need to properly identify a person. That's not on the state, they shouldnt have to make exceptions. Personal responsibly is lost.

In the case of Alabama the facts are they closed 3l register sights mostly in high minority areas. The assumption propagated by the left is that this was to discourage black voters.

Why were those sights chosen? Maybe they were in terrible disrepair , maybe there were other sights in close proximity, or maybe those sights were the least used. We don't know. Again, personal responsibility. I know that the dmv closest to me closed in the past few years, but instead of whining about it, I have to go 7 or 8 miles out of my way to get to the next closest.

How about the poor people in sparsly populated areas of the Midwest who tend to vote Republican, they aren't crying because they have to travel many, many miles in some instances to get an ID. Sometimes you have to do things for yourself and not rely on the government to do them for you.

SHORTEN THE CAMPAIGNS.

Agreed.

^^ This

You seem to have trouble understanding what you read, and then reply anyway. I didn't say every ID law and every idea for an ID law has been expensive/discriminates against minorities.

I said it has happened that places with voter ID laws have made it harder for the poor and minorities to get IDs. It can and has happened. That is a fact.

I think you had better take your own advice, i understood your untruths just fine.