RB opponent

Ryan Powdrell, RB USC, Sr.

As if losing both Reggie Bush and LenDale White to the NFL draft wasn't enough, the Trojans were missing basically all of their other tailbacks for the spring game. Hershel Dennis tore his ACL, Desmond Reed had not recovered well from his torn ACL, Chauncey Washington was having academic problems and Michael Coleman had hip surgery. So the 6-foot, 250-pound Powdrell, a converted linebacker, took over in the backfield and rushed for 81 yards on 10 carries.

Photo: Christian Petersen/Getty Im

250? thats a lot of weight to carry...from his pic he does not look toned or ripped at all. How much speed can a rb of his size bring also?

He'll bring a fat-ass load of nothing wide right, get lit up, fumble, and look like a chump with 2 fumbles and 18 total yards in a 35-7 loss vs. NU.

I really can't think about the game with USC not thinking we're gonna go in there and put them in there place. Sure they have talent but they still need experience which they won't have. for the most part everyone on that team has experience nothing but success and may come in over confident.

Honestly, I am wondering what all of these factors are going to do to USC's pre-season rankings. I want them as high as possible in the BCS so that when we beat them it catapults us up to the top ten. :horns2 As far as looking at a running back that BIG ..... we have never seen him run or do anything really, I totaly respect your point KansasHusker but don't you remember Dahrran Diedrick? That BIG boy weighed in the fall of 2001 at 230 lbs so I would not be so fast to count them "down and out" of the running back situation.

Honestly, I am wondering what all of these factors are going to do to USC's pre-season rankings. I want them as high as possible in the BCS so that when we beat them it catapults us up to the top ten. :horns2 As far as looking at a running back that BIG ..... we have never seen him run or do anything really, I totaly respect your point KansasHusker but don't you remember Dahrran Diedrick? That BIG boy weighed in the fall of 2001 at 230 lbs so I would not be so fast to count them "down and out" of the running back situation.

he was never that big, i think you are talking about Dan Alexander. He was around 250 but had about 4% body fat

I would not could USC down and out even if they had every starter gone from last year. They all have a winning mentalitly and that can play a huge effect on some outcomes.

Not to mention a home game, a very good coach, and the 'best' recruits.

I think USC is a good team and I don't know about all of you but I'm sick and tired of hearing about them!!! :bang I hope that we beat them so some of the analysts will stop talking about how good USC is.....................

I hear ya...the problem is...NU wins...USC, big personnel losses, off-field problems, they are rebuilding, blah blah blah...USC wins, dominant as always, NU is nothing...Lose-lose situation for the Big Red...

Unless they kick ass and win big! :horns:bat:devil

Foppa maybe a lose-lose situation when we look at what the media might say...But lets be honest...none of us husker fans really care what espn or mark may or those idiots can say....a wins a win...just like when we beat michigan in the alamo bowl...let espn say what they want but we still beat the tar outta those wolverines. I personally can't wait for ESPN to make excuses for USC after the game...it'll just mean we whooped them good.....I hate USC by the way!

:restore2

Foppa maybe a lose-lose situation when we look at what the media might say...But lets be honest...none of us husker fans really care what espn or mark may or those idiots can say....a wins a win...just like when we beat michigan in the alamo bowl...let espn say what they want but we still beat the tar outta those wolverines. I personally can't wait for ESPN to make excuses for USC after the game...it'll just mean we whooped them good.....I hate USC by the way!

:restore2

:yeah

All of it. Gold star.