USC QB arrested

chuckd

but that's just it. i don't *want* a gimped USC.

i want Nebraska to beat a team with crediblity. i don't want to hear any of this ESPN bullhockey about how the Huskers got lucky because USC just happened to have an off-year.

i want the Trojans to bring their A-Game. and then i want Nebraska to deliver unto USC a-whoopin' that will herald the new Golden Age of Cornhuskers. and then i want to find this girl...

mrs_hack.jpg

... marry her and make many mini-hacks.

okay, one and two are possible. i'm dreaming about three. but that's what football season is all about, kids: big, BIG dreams..!

second that. all we need is more "sure they won, but..." that we got vs Michigan and CU. and the same comments we got after we nearly beat TTech.

If we did beat USC, the tv/radio hacks would have a field day with excuses as to why Nebraska won. and we'd hear more of the "poor Nebraska fans. this win will make them think their back on the right track" BS we heard after (shock) the Michigan game.

but with that said..

i want the Trojans to bring their A-Game

even if that happens, those same people will still find a way to discredit a Husker win or a close game.

which would be too easy for them b/c no matter what happens with Sanchez, they still won't have White/Bush/ML.

will espn stop kissing usc's @$$ finally???

god I hope so

They're our third game, we are their second game.

If we beat them it'll be amazing. I absolutely hate USC (well, more specifically the most recent USC team and how much hype they got). And not to mention, they haven't lost a game AT home since prior to 2002! It'd be cool to be the first team in several years to beat them there.

:power

i want Nebraska to beat a team with crediblity. i don't want to hear any of this ESPN bullhockey about how the Huskers got lucky because USC just happened to have an off-year.

i want the Trojans to bring their A-Game. and then i want Nebraska to deliver unto USC a-whoopin' that will herald the new Golden Age of Cornhuskers. and then i want to find this girl...

mrs_hack.jpg

okay, one and two are possible. i'm dreaming about three. but that's what football season is all about, kids: big, BIG dreams..!

Very good point, Hack.

I guess I'm at a crossroads. I'm tired of the sports world kissing USC's ass, but I also want NU to go in and play a respectable program, not one that is inviting 4000 excuses as to why they may lose a game. I personally think that this Sanchez thing will go by the wayside by the time the Huskers play them. But wow. These player-idiots at USC are REALLY giving their school a black eye.

I know this should be in another topic, but since Nebraska plays USC in 5 months I posted it here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2423430

LOS ANGELES -- Southern California backup quarterback Mark Sanchez was released from jail early Thursday following his arrest for investigation of sexually assaulting a female student, authorities said.

Sanchez, 19, was released shortly after midnight after posting $200,000 bail, said Los Angeles County sheriff's Deputy Ban Nguyen.

He was arrested around 4 p.m. Wednesday at an apartment complex near campus, Los Angeles police Officer Jason Lee said. No other details were immediately available.

USC officials said they will temporarily suspend Sanchez while police conduct their investigation.

"The university takes charges of sexual assault seriously," Michael Jackson, USC vice president of student affairs, said in a statement. "Depending on the facts as established by the LAPD, we will determine the appropriate action. In the interim, the student will be placed on interim suspension while the case is pending."

USC coach Pete Carroll said he was aware of Sanchez's arrest and that the Trojan football program would cooperate with police and "follow along with whatever action the university takes."

Sanchez is listed on the Trojans' depth chart as the backup to John David Booty, but was expected to battle for the starting job this fall. Booty practiced only once this spring before he injured his back and had to undergo surgery.

Sanchez, a redshirt freshman, played the recent spring scrimmage and has been practicing with the first unit.

His arrest was one of several off-field problems for USC within the last year. However, no charges were brought in the other cases.

ESPN had a litlle thing on it tonight. Nothing like what LP went through.

Not saying LP was right but just comparing the two stories.

They just ran the story on Fox 11 local news and he's still sitting in LA County Jail - $200,000 bail was set. They interviewed his neighbors and they all defended him on TV, I'm betting this is going to go away.

Saw the story on Fox Sports net that he got out of jail today after posting the $200,000 bond. That is a killer bond. Someone must have some money to help him out with. What is bail? 10% of the bond? That is still a s!*tload of money.

ESPN had a litlle thing on it tonight. Nothing like what LP went through.

Not saying LP was right but just comparing the two stories.

They just ran the story on Fox 11 local news and he's still sitting in LA County Jail - $200,000 bail was set. They interviewed his neighbors and they all defended him on TV, I'm betting this is going to go away.

Saw the story on Fox Sports net that he got out of jail today after posting the $200,000 bond. That is a killer bond. Someone must have some money to help him out with. What is bail? 10% of the bond? That is still a s!*tload of money.

It isn't uncommon for bail bondsman to post a bond based on collateral, such as a second mortgage on a house, title to a new vehicle, etc. Doesn't have to be cash necessarily.

mrs_hack.jpg

I like the way you think...

Always play for the national championship. It doesn't matter where you are, but You've gotta have that instinct.

Go Huskers :woo

• 1 month later...