Back to the Future

Still have Pelini's players, still getting Pelini results. Need a major talent upgrade if we want to get out of the 9-10 win rut. Also Bruce Read needs to be terminated ASAFP.

Virtually no difference makers and paper thin at a lot of spots. I thought we'd go 8-4 so 9-3 is fine for this year imo. Roster looked weak before the season, it still looks weak.

• Fire 1

Still have Pelini's players, still getting Pelini results. Need a major talent upgrade if we want to get out of the 9-10 win rut. Also Bruce Read needs to be terminated ASAFP.

Virtually no difference makers and paper thin at a lot of spots. I thought we'd go 8-4 so 9-3 is fine for this year imo. Roster looked weak before the season, it still looks weak.

Based on what I've seen in examining his career, Riley could take the 2001 Miami roster and win 9 or 10 games with it.

• Fire 2

Exactly right.

Tommie is a tough kid and a TERRIFIC teammate, but he's no QB. He's an athlete playing QB. I'm looking forward to somebody else behind center.

Our running backs are okay, but not stellar

Our O-line makes our QB and running backs look worse than they are. We need a talent transfusion here ASAP.

Our receivers were a big let down for me. I thought this was the best position on the team, but not very good numbers this season. Probably because Tommie isn't that great, and because the o-line didn't give always Tommie enough time. I love Westy and I'm going to miss him.

Our D-line was who we thought they were. The interior guys are young and learning. They'll be good. Our ends are one walk-on and one converted tight end. Our ends stunk like a lot of us knew this year. No pressure on the QB all year except via the blitz.

Our linebackers weren't too shabby this season. But they stunk today. Bando was awful and overran plays left and right. They got gashed by good Iowa backs and tons of missed tackles.

Our secondary was a pleasant surprise considering last season. I think they got a little full of themselves early on and Ohio State brought them back down to earth. Still, I think this group will continue to grow and be a good unit next season. Time will tell.

Our kicker is a good one. No complaints.

Our punter will get better. He hit some good ones this season. He also hit a few that may be some of the worst punts I've ever seen. That 5 yarder today was awful. That minus 2 yarder he hit a few weeks back was awful too.

The expectations from the fans on this board are too high. This program is devoid of talent no matter what people say. The All Big Ten teams come out soon and you'll see just what I mean when just few Huskers will be on the list. I wonder if anybody will be second team or better?!?! We also haven't won a conference championship since 2001. Let that sink in. 2001. While many fans make fun of the new comers like Oregon, we haven't won crap in 15 years. A lot of us have become those irritating Notre Dame fans who act like Notre Dame is still relevant. Sadly, they're more relevant than we are.

• Fire 3

Exactly right.

Tommie is a tough kid and a TERRIFIC teammate, but he's no QB. He's an athlete playing QB. I'm looking forward to somebody else behind center.

Our O-line makes our QB and running backs look worse than they are. We need a talent transfusion here ASAP.

Our receivers were a big let down for me. I thought this was the best position on the team, but not very good numbers this season. Probably because Tommie isn't that great, and because the o-line didn't give always Tommie enough time. I love Westy and I'm going to miss him.

Our D-line was who we thought they were. The interior guys are young and learning. They'll be good. Our ends are one walk-on and one converted tight end. Our ends stunk like a lot of us knew this year. No pressure on the QB all year except via the blitz.

Our linebackers weren't too shabby this season. But they stunk today. Bando was awful and overran plays left and right. They got gashed by good Iowa backs and tons of missed tackles.

Our secondary was a pleasant surprise considering last season. I think they got a little full of themselves early on and Ohio State brought them back down to earth. Still, I think this group will continue to grow and be a good unit next season. Time will tell.

Our punter will get better. He hit some good ones this season. He also hit a few that may be some of the worst punts I've ever seen. That 5 yarder today was awful. That minus 2 yarder he hit a few weeks back was awful too.

The expectations from the fans on this board are too high. This program is devoid of talent no matter what people say. The All Big Ten teams come out soon and you'll see just what I mean when just few Huskers will be on the list. I wonder if anybody will be second team or better?!?! We also haven't won a conference championship since 2001. Let that sink in. 2001. While many fans make fun of the new comers like Oregon, we haven't won crap in 15 years. A lot of us have become those irritating Notre Dame fans who act like Notre Dame is still relevant. Sadly, they're more relevant than we are.

Good summary.

• Fire 1

We just got embarrassed by a team that Bo out-recruited. The same team Bo was able to beat in 2014 before getting fired. If Bo, who I would assume you believe is a worse coach than Riley, can win with his weak recruits then why can't Riley...?

• Fire 1

We just got embarrassed by a team that Bo out-recruited. The same team Bo was able to beat in 2014 before getting fired. If Bo, who I would assume you believe is a worse coach than Riley, can win with his weak recruits then why can't Riley...?

Since Bro Panini is the greatest corch in the history of the world, why aren't Texass and LSU in a bidding war over his goofy ass?

Exactly right.

Good summary.

We have seen so few back ups and so on it is hard to even guess at how we will do next year. But, frankly, with the November games, there is a strong indication that our team next fall will be nothing but third stringers or less (Drew Brown excepted).

Yes, maybe the punter will get better - God help us if he gets worse! - he is the nation's worst punter right now so the sky's the limit for him!

Normally you would be concerned if you lose seniors off your O line but in this case, it is time to upgrade. Hope there are a dozen or so guys just redshirting and ready to play better. Three or four injuries and we became the worst O line in the conference, easily.

Yes, we are a lot like Notre Dame and they too have loads of talent based on the recruiting gurus but lose more games than we do and have also changed coaches several times.

One has to wonder about the real heart and effort - to lose by 62-3 and 40-10 as we have in the past few weeks, even a decent team has to quit long before the game is over. Iowa ran up the score because we quit. Ohio State ran up the score because we quit (mercifully, Ohio State also quit in the 4th or it would have been 80 plus). Husker teams just don't quit (or they should not imo).

I wish we had Pelini results last year