The Great Liberal Freakout of 2016

I honestly thought that once the election was actually over that the craziness about the election would end, but thanks to many on the left, that craziness continues. We've seen persistent protests and riots, people shot for saying they voted for Trump, and professors giving their students a pass on taking exams in order to recover from the election. There have been some good pieces written about the great liberal freakout that has occurred these past three weeks, but this is one of my favorites.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/24/paul-krugman-illustrates-the-damaged-political-psyches-of-the-left/

• Fire 3

So....now everyone who thinks trump is a total jack ass and aren't happy he is our president is a "liberal".

And...way to ignore the pathetic things coming from people who voted for the guy.

I wouldn't say everyone, but I would state that a high majority of those who are continuing to whine and rant are Democrats. Is there anything within that article you disagree with regarding Krugmans antics and the general response from those pundits and celebrities we know are liberals?

• Fire 2

yeah...it's just about as pathetic as the republicans hanging and burning obama in effigy.

Well I said in another thread that some I know on the right didn't handle Obama's win in 2008 well and didn't give him a chance, but it's nothing like we are seeing now. Trump has not even been sworn in and the left is acting as though the apocalypse just occurred.

• Fire 2

So....you don't see s difference between a thread instantly labeling everyone a liberal and "freaking out"....and one that simply asks why some people think Trump is a racist???? Not surprising.

For the record...I think some people are "freaking out" in non productive or damaging ways.

Do you think that those who ranted against Obama the past 8 years were mainly Republicans/Conservatives, or just mainly Democrats and Independents?

The easy answer would be yes. But then I would be ignoring many people that were not in that group who were not happy with things like Obama Care that led to help Hillary lose. (Who was viewed by many as the candidate that was going to continue his policies).

Republicans stand to fall into the same real if they simply dismiss people that don't like trump as angry liberals that are meaningless.

Democrats are even falling into the same trap once again by claiming Hillary just lost because of sexist voters.

Why can't these groups step back and realize that people who don't like their politician actually may have a valid gripe?

Or....is that just not what we are supposed to do when you're on one of the teams?

• Fire 1

The easy answer would be yes. But then I would be ignoring many people that were not in that group who were not happy with things like Obama Care that led to help Hillary lose. (Who was viewed by many as the candidate that was going to continue his policies).

Republicans stand to fall into the same real if they simply dismiss people that don't like trump as angry liberals that are meaningless.

Democrats are even falling into the same trap once again by claiming Hillary just lost because of sexist voters.

Why can't these groups step back and realize that people who don't like their politician actually may have a valid gripe?

Or....is that just not what we are supposed to do when you're on one of the teams?

I'm not saying that a small majority of those freaking out now are not Democrats/liberals, but a high majority of those making the most noise are. And the article was focused on what Krugman and other known liberals are saying and doing. With that said, I believe you have said on many occasions how Conservatives on the right have lost their minds and you could no longer identify with them and disagreed with their opposition to Obama...am I right? You even said one of your parents frustrated you for railing against Obama. How is your decision to attack the right and stating that most on the right are brainwashed from talk radio any different than calling out how liberals have responded these past 3 weeks to the results of the election?

• Fire 4

Apparently the crybabies were out in Lincoln today protesting their loss of the election.

Might I suggest that the crybabies step back from their college class time outs and take a class or two in US government and US history.

Children, your candidate lost. Some times in life you don't get what you want. Even though your parents have never parented, you will have to deal with disappointment and not having your way.

The hissy fits must stop.

• Fire 3

For the most part they're not protesting an election loss. They're protesting a bigot becoming president.

Here's a snippet I saw in a Newsweek article:

The protesting Trump has to do with the emotion that were all feeling, said Ashley Ember, 27, who said she wrote Sanders on her ballot in Philadelphia. If Clinton had won, Ember said, she would have protested that, too.

For the most part they're not protesting an election loss.

Except they are. At least gen x did some amazing things to create new business and create jobs. The millenials will sit in time out on their smart phones, trying to figure out how to handle being told no and how to deal with disappointment.

• Fire 5

For the most part they're not protesting an election loss.

Except they are. At least gen x did some amazing things to create new business and create jobs. The millenials will sit in time out on their smart phones, trying to figure out how to handle being told no and how to deal with disappointment.

Nah. They aren't.

Also, complaints about millenials as a group are foolish. It's the same old "back in my day" schtick which has existed since the beginning of time. There are/will be brilliant millenials who forward society. There are/will be idiot millenials. It will be similar to every generation before it in that regard.