The Great Liberal Freakout of 2016

For the most part they're not protesting an election loss.

Except they are. At least gen x did some amazing things to create new business and create jobs. The millenials will sit in time out on their smart phones, trying to figure out how to handle being told no and how to deal with disappointment.

Nah. They aren't.

You're right. The millennials are still going to cry about being told no for the first times in their lives.

• Fire 2

Enough with millennial this, millennial that. Quit falling into a false, pre-conceived notion that an entire group of people is X. When you label, as you are doing, you often look for evidence to confirm your instilled biases. When you do that, you often ignore any contradictory evidence, evidence that might change your worldview.

Both sides are guilty of this. No, not every Trump voter is a bigot, misogynist, racist, xeno-homo-phobe. There's a good amount of Trump supporters who have very valid reasons for supporting Trump. Not everyone who is protesting is a sore loser, crybaby, millennial. Some people protesting have a very good reason to protest and it is their right to peacefully protest (I do not in any way, shape, or form, condone those protests that have been violent). We are not the great nation we claim to be without that right, the right to disagree and to voice a dissenting opinion.

Civil disagreement makes the country better. But it will not happen until we stop instantly judging people based on a label, it will not happen until we listen to what everyone has to say.

• Fire 6

trump also needs to stop crying about people who don't like him. he is going to be the target of a lot of that for his entire term in office. every president gets that from the voters and the press...it comes with the territory. and as long as he let's everyone know that it gets to him......it will continue with increasing ferocity.

• Fire 1

You're right. The millennials are still going to cry about being told no for the first times in their lives.

Assuming you are not a millenial considering your disdain for us, why the f#*k didn't you ever tell us no?

That was really stupid on your part. You created us.

Assuming you are not a millenial considering your disdain for us, why the f#*k didn't you ever tell us no?

That was really stupid on your part. You created us.

The people bitching about Millennials may be parents, but they raised their kids perfectly.

It's all the other parents who did such a crummy job with their kids that gave us this horrendous generation.

• Fire 1

Let's see, a millenial would be around 36-40 years old right now. Let's say their parents were 25 or so when they were born. So, their parents would be 55-60 now. That puts them as teenagers around 1970.

Yeah....older generations have a lot to brag about over millenials as far as appearing to be worth a crap.

Every generation looks at the ones coming behind them and thinks their worthless, lazy and disrespectful.

They forget what they were like at the same age.

Let's see, a millenial would be around 36-40 years old right now.

Your definition is off but I want to wait for cornstar to reply. For one thing, all of these made-up generation groups span way more than 5 years. Babyboomers are defined as people born from 1946-1964.

I'll wait for Cornstar and then give my reasoning for my ages.

You are right, it encompasses more than just those ages.