Nate Gerry Named to Pro Football Focus' All-American Team

Mavric

Safety: Jamal Adams, LSU; Nathan Gerry, Nebraska

Adams took his game to a new level in 2016, stepping up as a complete defensive back and one of the best all round players in the nation. Outstanding against the run and coming up to tackle receivers on short passes, Adams has seen 33 of his 55 tackles result in a defensive stop. He has improved in coverage in general too, and played a key part in LSU all but shutting out Ole Miss tight end Evan Engram when the two teams met this year. Like Adams, Gerry keeps his place here from mid-season, excelling in coverage with a PFF grade of 88.7, coming away with four interceptions and six pass breakups and impressing against the run too.

PFF

• Fire 1

It is pretty crazy how this all shakes out. What is the difference between the BIG voting and National? Seems very strange!!

well one was the media so they are each going to pump their own guys some. The other was coaches so I guess just for some reason the big coaches didn't really like him?

Congrats to Nate. Comparing apples to apples, I think he got jobbed. Better stats thanks Adams and Hooker......But that's just me.....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/12/08/usa-today-sports-all-america-college-football-team/95112928/

Can't some individual defensive stats be a little misleading depending on the overall strength of the defense? I understand he is your guy but Hooker had a great year and is one of the main reasons why Ohio State is in the playoff.