Lamar Jackson (Louisville)

Atbone95

LET'S RILE SOME PEOPLE UP!!

Just thought it was worth noting for people who don't follow recruiting or just started recently:

Lamar Jackson had us in his final two in 2014. We fired our head coach. He goes to Louisville.

Hindsight is 20/20...

Sorry, but you're full of sh#t. He visited here, and chose Louisville well before Bobo was fired. Bobo and Timmy Beck had Kevin Dillman as their QB, who struggled at the JV level in Texas as a senior, and ended up signing with North Texas as a TE. You want to get some people riled up, let's talk about Bobo and Timmy never offering NU legacy Joe Burrow, who will likely be tOSU's starting QB next year.

Someone got RILED UP!!! I DID IT!!

I mean, you can check the crystal ball predictions that had Lamar, while committed to Louisville, HEAVILY favored to flip. This is similar to many players who have CBs that don't match their commit. Or, you know, you can tell me I'm full of sh#t and "burn me". You've really got me down in the dumps now. :)

Do you not know how to read a calendar? Here I'll put into a timeline you can understand:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 29, 2014: Nebraska offers Lamar Jackson

June 9, 2014: Sam McKewon & Andrew Ivins "crystal ball" Jackson to Nebraska

June 16, 2014: JC Shurburtt "crystal ball's" Jackson to Nebraska

June 27, 2014: Luke Zimmermann "crystal ball's" Jackson to Nebraska

August 30, 2014: Lamar Jackson COMMITS to Louisville

September 20, 2014: Lamar Jackson officially visits Nebraska for the Miami game (Likes the visit, says the game was a great atmosphere, stays committed to Louisville)

October 1, 2014: Florida offers Lamar Jackson

October 1, 2014: Demetric Warren "crystal ball's" Jackson to Florida

November 30, 2014: Bo Pelini is fired from the University of Nebraska

January 16, 2015: Lamar Jackson officially visits Louisville

January 23, 2015: Lamar Jackson officially visits Mississippi St.

January 29, 2015: Lamar Jackson visits Miami (FL)

January 30, 2015: Lamar Jackson visits Florida

From 12/16/14 - 2/3/2015 - Six "crystal ball's" for Lamar Jackson to flip his commitment to Florida

February 4, 2015: Lamar Jackson signs with Louisville

Sources: Lamar Jackson Crystal Ball , Lamar Jackson Timeline , Hey, here's the Lamar Jackson thread from Husker Board

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My biggest issue with you and this thread is that you are implying that Lamar Jackson was going to come to Nebraska until Bobo was fired, which flat out isn't true. Yes he visited here, but that's as far as it got. It was going to be Florida or Louisville. We were never really the favorite to land him. The crystal ball's to Nebraska came 1) before he committed to Louisville & 2) before Bo was fired. He wasn't coming to Nebraska whether Bobo was fired or not.

• Fire 3

LET'S RILE SOME PEOPLE UP!!

Just thought it was worth noting for people who don't follow recruiting or just started recently:

Lamar Jackson had us in his final two in 2014. We fired our head coach. He goes to Louisville.

Hindsight is 20/20...

Sorry, but you're full of sh#t. He visited here, and chose Louisville well before Bobo was fired. Bobo and Timmy Beck had Kevin Dillman as their QB, who struggled at the JV level in Texas as a senior, and ended up signing with North Texas as a TE. You want to get some people riled up, let's talk about Bobo and Timmy never offering NU legacy Joe Burrow, who will likely be tOSU's starting QB next year.

Someone got RILED UP!!! I DID IT!!

I mean, you can check the crystal ball predictions that had Lamar, while committed to Louisville, HEAVILY favored to flip. This is similar to many players who have CBs that don't match their commit. Or, you know, you can tell me I'm full of sh#t and "burn me". You've really got me down in the dumps now. :)

Do you not know how to read a calendar? Here I'll put into a timeline you can understand:

January 29, 2014: Nebraska offers Lamar Jackson

June 9, 2014: Sam McKewon & Andrew Ivins "crystal ball" Jackson to Nebraska

June 16, 2014: JC Shurburtt "crystal ball's" Jackson to Nebraska

June 27, 2014: Luke Zimmermann "crystal ball's" Jackson to Nebraska

August 30, 2014: Lamar Jackson COMMITS to Louisville

September 20, 2014: Lamar Jackson officially visits Nebraska for the Miami game (Likes the visit, says the game was a great atmosphere, stays committed to Louisville)

October 1, 2014: Florida offers Lamar Jackson

October 1, 2014: Demetric Warren "crystal ball's" Jackson to Florida

November 30, 2014: Bo Pelini is fired from the University of Nebraska

January 16, 2015: Lamar Jackson officially visits Louisville

January 23, 2015: Lamar Jackson officially visits Mississippi St.

January 29, 2015: Lamar Jackson visits Miami (FL)

January 30, 2015: Lamar Jackson visits Florida

From 12/16/14 - 2/3/2015 - Six "crystal ball's" for Lamar Jackson to flip his commitment to Florida

February 4, 2015: Lamar Jackson signs with Louisville

Sources: Lamar Jackson Crystal Ball , Lamar Jackson Timeline , Hey, here's the Lamar Jackson thread from Husker Board

My biggest issue with you and this thread is that you are implying that Lamar Jackson was going to come to Nebraska until Bobo was fired, which flat out isn't true. Yes he visited here, but that's as far as it got. It was going to be Florida or Louisville. We were never really the favorite to land him. The crystal ball's to Nebraska came 1) before he committed to Louisville & 2) before Bo was fired. He wasn't coming to Nebraska whether Bobo was fired or not.

95/100. I'm deducting 5 points for not using APA formatting.

Lots of misunderstanding about the WCO out there. It was never an "air raid" offense. It was actually Bill Walsh's alternative to Don Coryell's air raid offense. Given a quarterback with a weak arm, Walsh designed an offense that took advantage of short, high-percentage passes to spread the field and open up vertical rushing and passing lanes. It had a bigger playbook, but that was the idea: defenses couldn't line up against your bread & butter play because you had too many of them. There was no rule you couldn't run the ball in the WCO. You'd run like crazy if the defense allowed it. But you'd also consider a 5 yard pass to your RB the equivalent of a 5 yard run because you weren't keeping some weird score about the run/pass ratio.

The concept may have seemed sophisticated but the plays themselves were all about efficiency. And maybe a little playground ball. If you have a fullback out there doing lead blocks, design a play that lets him keep going into the secondary and throw a deep ball to Tom Rathman. Why not? Walsh loved Nebraska players because they knew how to block and they thrived in the WCO.

The WCO was in vogue for 20 years. These days nobody runs it and everybody runs it because a lot of the WCO innovations have merely been absorbed in other offenses like the spread.

Actually, the WCO was designed to give lesser talent a strategic advantage.

Take your information and knowledge and geeeet out! It's WAY easier to assume WCO is only about throwing 80% of the time for long gains!
I'm not saying that Guy is wrong in his post, but Gruden and Callahan utilized the vertical passing game more in Oakland than a conventional west coast offense would.

It's not about throwing 80% of the time, it's about balance for the sake of balance even when you don't have to have that balance. We see that with our current OC.

And if you read his post you would understand the WCO is more about horizontal/slant passes for short gains than it is down field passes for big gains.
I
I don't have to read his post to...
Probably don't quote/respond to posts you haven't read.
Who said I didn't read it?
If you read it you may see the flaw in your logic.
If I had as little knowledge about the west coast offense as you do then I might see how Guy's post may have been of help.

I hate to be that guy, but your reading comprehension is severely lacking. But by all means, continue to show your idiocy.

Seems uncalled for, my feelings are hurt.

I'm sorry.

No. It's my fault. I started it.

Hug?

Sure. I'm good, but I was kind of a jerk. The apology was sincere.

• Fire 1