Lamar Jackson (Louisville)

Atbone95

Nebraska was in the running for him but we weren't in the top 2, that was Louisville and Florida. He came on an official visit and loved it but that is about as far as it went. We were recruiting him as an athlete but told him he could have a try at QB.

He eliminated Florida, and chose between us and Louisville. He came for the Miami game, which everyone remembers was absolutely rocking. Mom loved Bo and staff.

If he eliminated UF, then why did he visit there the weekend before signing day?

LET'S RILE SOME PEOPLE UP!!

Just thought it was worth noting for people who don't follow recruiting or just started recently:

Lamar Jackson had us in his final two in 2014. We fired our head coach. He goes to Louisville.

Hindsight is 20/20...

Sorry, but you're full of sh#t. He visited here, and chose Louisville well before Bobo was fired. Bobo and Timmy Beck had Kevin Dillman as their QB, who struggled at the JV level in Texas as a senior, and ended up signing with North Texas as a TE. You want to get some people riled up, let's talk about Bobo and Timmy never offering NU legacy Joe Burrow, who will likely be tOSU's starting QB next year.

• Fire 9

Just thought it was worth noting for people who don't follow recruiting or just started recently:

Lamar Jackson had us in his final two in 2014. We fired our head coach. He goes to Louisville.

Hindsight is 20/20...

Sorry, but you're full of sh#t. He visited here, and chose Louisville well before Bobo was fired. Bobo and Timmy Beck had Kevin Dillman as their QB, who struggled at the JV level in Texas as a senior, and ended up signing with North Texas as a TE. You want to get some people riled up, let's talk about Bobo and Timmy never offering NU legacy Joe Burrow, who will likely be tOSU's starting QB next year.

Hindsight is 20/20...

This

Hindsight is 20/20...

Hindsight is 20/20...

This
OP should probably ask Santa for some cortizone for that burn relief
  • Fire 3

Nebraska was in the running for him but we weren't in the top 2, that was Louisville and Florida. He came on an official visit and loved it but that is about as far as it went. We were recruiting him as an athlete but told him he could have a try at QB.

He eliminated Florida, and chose between us and Louisville. He came for the Miami game, which everyone remembers was absolutely rocking. Mom loved Bo and staff.

Doesn't add up at all... he had multiple Florida CB's in the days leading up to NSD.

I've seen Jackson talking about his coaches many times. He might've been better than Armstrong but I don't get the sense our former coaches would have developed him into what he is this season.

Considering that he would have had little to no time under that staff, you may be right.

But it's not like Riley and Langsdorf have done much with Tommy or Ryker. That should be a huge concern going forward.

It's not a concern. They didn't choose either of those quarterbacks. If they can't develop POB or Gebbia after a couple years that will be a concern.

So certain coaches can only develop players that they themselves recruited? That's a new one to me.

If true, we should be even more concerned. It doesnt seem that they did much with O'Brien, either. Yikes.

Have you seen practices?

Hindsight is 20/20...

Someone got RILED UP!!! I DID IT!!

I mean, you can check the crystal ball predictions that had Lamar, while committed to Louisville, HEAVILY favored to flip. This is similar to many players who have CBs that don't match their commit. Or, you know, you can tell me I'm full of sh#t and "burn me". You've really got me down in the dumps now. :)