Early Predictions for 2017 - Which Games Do We Win

Mavric

2017 Huskers  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted 10-2 with losses to Ohio St. and Penn St. If this plays out, we'll also win our division.

We'll finally have a pro-style quarterback under center to go with our pro style attack and our defense should be much improved with the switch to the 3-4 and a new defensive coordinator.

• Fire 1

I'd like to say that this is a good year to take the west but man Wisconsin has an incredibly favorable schedule after the brutal one this year. Seems like every meaningful game is in Camp Randell outside of us. 2 losses in conference might cost us even if we do beat them. I'm saying 9-3 with 2 conference losses (PSU and OSU) but that still may not be enough to win the west.

Is the culture still toxic from Bo? I think that will decide how many games are won. It went away for around seven games this year, but then, like an RKO, came back outta nowhere. It's very sneaky.

I would think that they would have some sort of vaccine or antibiotics that the players could take but I guess not.

Everyone knows ADSE is anti-vaxxer so no-way that's would be allowed.

Anyone changing their thinking with a new DC?

I'm not sure that we end up with more wins given the change on O but I at least feel like the D won't completely hang the team out to dry... I think it is now realistic (barely) we win 2 out of OSU/PSU/UW games

Geez, I wasn't expecting to come here to so much pessimism.

I think 10-2. I think we see immediate improvement with the defense. Not to mention the fact that our offensive line completely changes next year. We lose Ohio State because JT Barrett is in his 10,000th year of eligibility. We lose Penn State because playing them in the 2nd half of the year always seems to be a death sentence.

I think 10-2. I think we see immediate improvement with the defense. Not to mention the fact that our offensive line completely changes next year. We lose Ohio State because JT Barrett is in his 10,000th year of eligibility. We lose Penn State because playing them in the 2nd half of the year always seems to be a death sentence.

How is the offensive line completely changing? A new center? Mayyyybe a new right tackle? I'm not super optimistic about the o-line, I don't see a reason to be.

How is the offensive line completely changing? A new center? Mayyyybe a new right tackle? I'm not super optimistic about the o-line, I don't see a reason to be.

Unless we have ridiculous injury issues along the 0-line again, imo, the O-Line must improve if Cavanaugh wants to keep his job. Read and Banker might have some words of advice for him.

We should have better depth and experience on the line this year. It will help both the running and passing game if we can complete a higher percentage of our passes next fall.

I voted with the predication that our QB plays well and which makes our offense more productive.

I said 10-2 with losses to OSU and Penn St.

Now, if we have issues on offense, I would say we go 8-4.

I am now at the point where I feel like NU is at risk of being out-coached in a lot of games and that sucks.

You are free to feel that way.

I don't agree.

Based on...

The question is....are we going to be out coached in a lot of our games next year. I just don't see it. We won't get "out-coached" against Ark St, N Ill, Rut, Ill, Pur and Northwestern.

That leaves Ore, Minn, OSU, Wis, PSU and Iowa.

Oregon and Minnesota are in transitions. We will catch Oregon early in that transition and I don't think Minnesota is going to recover from their player turmoil easily.

That then leaves OSU, Wis, PSU and Iowa.

I believe we have the coaches that can beat Wisconsin and Iowa. We almost beat Wisconsin this year and proved we were competitive there. Did we? No. But, that doesn't mean we were out coached.

I'm probably going to get slammed for this but, I lay the Iowa loss squarely on the players. They clearly came into that game not caring about the game nearly as much as Iowa did. I don't get it. But, that's the attitude they brought. Rumors I have heard about practice that week, the coaches didn't feel that way.

I'll give you OSU and PSU for now. I'm not convinced that PSU is on top long term. We will see.

Anyway....it's fart from being "out-coached" in A LOT of our games next year.

Heheheheheh...you said "fart"....heheheheheh