Early Predictions for 2017 - Which Games Do We Win

Mavric

2017 Huskers  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Geez, I wasn't expecting to come here to so much pessimism.

I think 10-2. I think we see immediate improvement with the defense. Not to mention the fact that our offensive line completely changes next year. We lose Ohio State because JT Barrett is in his 10,000th year of eligibility. We lose Penn State because playing them in the 2nd half of the year always seems to be a death sentence.

31% of the board believed that we will be 10-2. That's very optimistic in my opinion. The next closest is around 17%.

Although I think this upcoming season is one of the most difficult to 'predict' or 'guess', my Husker heart won't let me jinx them by picking a rough season. So, I am going 10-2 with a tough early season loss to the Ducks (our freshman QB is going to have a real challenge with a bunch of Oregon blitzing, etc) and of course, it would be irrational to think we can somehow beat Ohio State even with a heisman like QB play by that time in the season. We are about 25 5 star players short of enough talent on our team at this point to forecast a win in that one. Miracles happen on ice so maybe we catch an 'ice bowl' with some kind of fall Alberta Clipper storm or something. LOL

Please note that assuming we win the other games, we would be in the Big Ten champ game and a pretty good / tough bowl. Didn't try to figure up the game count but 10-2 seems a game or two short?

Although I think this upcoming season is one of the most difficult to 'predict' or 'guess', my Husker heart won't let me jinx them by picking a rough season. So, I am going 10-2 with a tough early season loss to the Ducks (our freshman QB is going to have a real challenge with a bunch of Oregon blitzing, etc) and of course, it would be irrational to think we can somehow beat Ohio State even with a heisman like QB play by that time in the season. We are about 25 5 star players short of enough talent on our team at this point to forecast a win in that one. Miracles happen on ice so maybe we catch an 'ice bowl' with some kind of fall Alberta Clipper storm or something. LOL

Please note that assuming we win the other games, we would be in the Big Ten champ game and a pretty good / tough bowl. Didn't try to figure up the game count but 10-2 seems a game or two short?

Wisconsin's five stars totally kept Wisconsin in the game against tosu last year, oh wait they don't have any!

I am gonna say we go 10-2 with a close home loss to tosu and a tough loss to PSU by around a field goal. Could also win one of those games but I think the mike riley upset this year will be Wisconsin, because if our offense shows up that game we win.

Optimistic about Happy Valley?

tough to guess with so many new pieces next year. they may mesh well and take us to 10 wins....they might not work out so well and we have 6 wins. think i will wait and see how it plays out. lets me look forward to football season rather than dreading it like the debbies around here like to do.

Really like the Diaco hire but i don't think the transition to 3-4 will be without a few hiccups. Getting gashed on big plays on defense cost us a couple games last year,and i hope we can cut down on that.

A lot of the offensive woes last year came from a porous offensive line too. Without the running threat at QB next year the o line will have to be even better . Hopefully that will happen.

Lots of questions on both sides of the ball imo

I said 7-5 because i think in 7 of our games we will clearly be the better team and "should" win. Ohio st and Penn st are better teams that can be beaten but less likely. Oregon Wisconsin and iowa are closer to our talent level and could go either way.

We'll be breaking in a rookie QB and that will be the main factor determing how things go: I have little reason NOT to expect struggles in this regard.

On paper, we "should" beat ASU, NIU, Rut, ILL, and Purdue. So, there's 5 Ws--hopefully. Other than that, tOSU should be another massive, embarrassing, hemorrhaging blowout loss for us as per massive talent differential and those guys were mostly a team of youngsters last year, which is scary. And, OBTW, that's the game that got Mr. Mark Banker fired, remember? Well, I suppose there's probably not anybody they could fire after the massive blowout nxt year, one would think. We don't have anybody, of significance, left to fire, 'cept the head man himself, and I don't think we're "there" yet, are we?

@ PSU, another sure or nearly sure loss as per BIG QB and RB advantage for them--and about everything else. PSU is for real and very tough to beat @ home, just ask tOSU.

Other than that, I'll play the optimist here--so folks don't yell at me too much-- and figure we scratch out another close 2 wins, say @ Minny and home vs IA. No guarantees there, though.

So, optimistically, I put us @ 7-5.

We'll be breaking in a rookie QB and that will be the main factor determing how things go: I have little reason NOT to expect struggles in this regard.

On paper, we "should" beat ASU, NIU, Rut, ILL, and Purdue. So, there's 5 Ws--hopefully. Other than that, tOSU should be another massive, embarrassing, hemorrhaging blowout loss for us as per massive talent differential and those guys were mostly a team of youngsters last year, which is scary. And, OBTW, that's the game that got Mr. Mark Banker fired, remember? Well, I suppose there's probably not anybody they could fire after the massive blowout nxt year, one would think. We don't have anybody, of significance, left to fire, 'cept the head man himself, and I don't think we're "there" yet, are we?

@ PSU, another sure or nearly sure loss as per BIG QB and RB advantage for them--and about everything else. PSU is for real and very tough to beat @ home, just ask tOSU.

Other than that, I'll play the optimist here--so folks don't yell at me too much-- and figure we scratch out another close 2 wins, say @ Minny and home vs IA. No guarantees there, though.

I think you're tragically negative. You should look for the good in the team instead of dwelling on the bad things.

Might make your fan experience less stressful. Just by the language you use in your posts, it seems like you really have little hope for the Huskers.

I think you're tragically negative. You should look for the good in the team instead of dwelling on the bad things.

Might make your fan experience less stressful. Just by the language you use in your posts, it seems like you really have little hope for the Huskers.

You have every right to your interpretation of my posts, thanks for reading them.