Billy Devaney and his job the past 45 days

On 1/16/2017 at 11:23 AM, theknife said:

This slam piece is as illogical as it is lazy. You didn't even bother to research or recall his two Grey Cups in the CFL.

Dvdccr's troll skills show me that he or she belongs trolling on a CFL, Oregon State, or Youngstown State board. Nothing more. I see no special motivation, vision, research or composition which could make me believe otherwise.

Who's the troll now?

5 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

Who's the troll now?

On 1/16/2017 at 3:57 PM, theknife said:

Actually friend, I think we actually share similar concerns. I just didn't feel your portrayal had any basis in reality. He's a .500+ D1 coach to this point. If I had to place a bet on it, I think we are looking for a new coach in a few years; however, he's never fired life long dead weight or had the budget he does now. I've giving this experiment 3-4 seasons before I curse his name to D2 and below.

First of all, how long have I been a reminder in your phone to remember to bump this thread? Thanks though, I get few notifications on this board. It was an exciting start to my Monday! Secondly, I'm not the Riley homer you make me out to be as noted above. 

Also we beat the Sunbelt Champs! Riley is going to be very happy in the Sun Belt come this time next year!

• Plus1 1

I posted this in another thread, but it fits this post. I have a hypothesis that SE hated Bo from the start precisely because Bo would not accept the chain of command. SE then preceded to ensure the next football coach would never question or challenge him.

The following is pure speculation, I have no facts other than what I read on this board. It appears that SE is an egomaniac. I can imagine TO wondering down to Bo's office, working with Bo, asking Bo what he needed to be successful, and being very supportive. I imagine SE summoning Bo to his office, complaining when Bo shows up 5 minutes late, and making it clear to Bo that he is boss, and that Bo should bow down. This could explain part of Bo's attitude change. Bo being naturally disagreeable, rebelled in every way. SE wanted to show the world that Bo was not a good coach, so he hired a career 500 coach to come to Nebraska and do better than Bo, and SE was arrogant enough to believe MR would do better than Bo. The added bonus was SE now had a football coach who would bow down to him.