What is "American" culture?

Took longer than I thought for the Kennedy haters to come out.

I was speaking more thematically. How the image and the mystique represent what the "American Dream" is or at least was.

Sorry, but reality is reality.

I have a lot of respect for JFK as a politician and what he tried to accomplish. Personally??? Not so much and I have absolutely zero respect for his drunk brother (Teddy boy)

But, you are correct, they are like that Norman Rockwell painting of the family at Thanksgiving table. Problem is, pictures like that never tell the entire story.

Took longer than I thought for the Kennedy haters to come out.

I was speaking more thematically. How the image and the mystique represent what the "American Dream" is or at least was.

Sorry, but reality is reality.

I have a lot of respect for JFK as a politician and what he tried to accomplish. Personally??? Not so much and I have absolutely zero respect for his drunk brother (Teddy boy)

But, you are correct, they are like that Norman Rockwell painting of the family at Thanksgiving table. Problem is, pictures like that never tell the entire story.

OK? I'm not arguing anything, I was speaking to the image that was portrayed, rather than the indiscretions that surrounded their personal lives.

Teddy had his demons certainly. You probably would too if you had 2 older siblings killed in WWII, two older siblings assassinated, survived a plane crash, had constant death threats against you and your family, had a son with cancer, and was thrust into being a father figure for your two dead brothers children. Certainly not excluding his behavior or demons, but who on earth could have possibly weathered that storm unscathed?

Yeah there's been plenty that's come out about them that hasn't been pretty. No question. But again to the point of the OP, if there was any kind of representation of American Culture, it was likely them from 1960-1963.