What is "American" culture?

Any positive qualities about American culture in any way, shape or form chimichanga?

• Football

:P

Yeah, but does that mean "Our" Football or European Football, Changa didn't distinguish between the two, you've gotta distinguish between that stuff.

• Fire 1

Simply, just do you.... That's as American as it gets.

Exactly right. Unless you've encroached upon another persons rights, then our culture is about doing whats best for yourself/family.

American Culture or freedom or anything in those terms cannot be described by a few laws, benefits, religions, foods, cities, ect... Our culture and our freedom is a state of mind. It cannot be taken away by politicians, laws, or force - and it cannot be given to other countries/cultures by politicians, laws, or force. Each individual must make their own choices to define their own freedoms (with respect to others' individual rights).

What’s the difference between the US and yogurt?

If you leave yogurt alone for 300 years, it develops a culture.

Personally, I've always thought that the closest representation/personification of American Culture was the Kennedy Family, or more specifically JFK. Comes from a lower class immigrant family that came to America, amasses a great fortune, and ultimately achieves the highest office in the land.

qo0j12ljcuqpxd8yroed.jpg

Whats the difference between the US and yogurt?

Personally, I've always thought that the closest representation/personification of American Culture was the Kennedy Family, or more specifically JFK. Comes from a lower class immigrant family that came to America, amasses a great fortune, and ultimately achieves the highest office in the land.

qo0j12ljcuqpxd8yroed.jpg

Which is kinda sad because they were an anomaly. Meritocracy isn't real but Americana believe in it more than anyone else.

Very much an anomaly. It wasn't just JFK the candidate and that's it. It was the entire family, the older gen, the siblings, the dozens of kids, the lawn in Hyannis Port, the sailing, the Ivy League degrees, the football on the lawn, the accent, the Hollywood connection.

Very much an anomaly. It wasn't just JFK the candidate and that's it. It was the entire family, the older gen, the siblings, the dozens of kids, the lawn in Hyannis Port, the sailing, the Ivy League degrees, the football on the lawn, the accent, the Hollywood nnection.

And their religious up bringing...

It's funny/sad to me that how 60 years later many of his concerns are still issues today, and seemingly without a real end in sight. Except for the part about landing on the moon - or did we lol.

On Sept. 12, 1960, presidential candidate John F. Kennedy gave a major speech to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association, a group of Protestant ministers, on the issue of his religion. At the time, many Protestants questioned whether Kennedy's Roman Catholic faith would allow him to make important national decisions as president independent of the church. Kennedy addressed those concerns before a skeptical audience of Protestant clergy. The following is a transcript of Kennedy's speech:

Kennedy: "Rev. Meza, Rev. Reck, I'm grateful for your generous invitation to speak my views.

While the so-called religious issue is necessarily and properly the chief topic here tonight, I want to emphasize from the outset that we have far more critical issues to face in the 1960 election: the spread of Communist influence, until it now festers 90 miles off the coast of Florida; the humiliating treatment of our president and vice president by those who no longer respect our power; the hungry children I saw in West Virginia; the old people who cannot pay their doctor bills; the families forced to give up their farms; an America with too many slums, with too few schools, and too late to the moon and outer space.

These are the real issues which should decide this campaign. And they are not religious issues - for war and hunger and ignorance and despair know no religious barriers.

But because I am a Catholic, and no Catholic has ever been elected president, the real issues in this campaign have been obscured perhaps deliberately, in some quarters less responsible than this (mainstream media, top secret decisions - my edit). So it is apparently necessary for me to state once again not what kind of church I believe in - for that should be important only to me - but what kind of America I believe in...."

Full transcript: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=16920600

qo0j12ljcuqpxd8yroed.jpg

And had an affair with a movie star.

Had a drunk brother that left his girlfriend to die so he wouldn't get in trouble.

Was ultimately shot by a guy with a gun.

Yep...pretty "American".

qo0j12ljcuqpxd8yroed.jpg

And had an affair with a movie star.

Had a drunk brother that left his girlfriend to die so he wouldn't get in trouble.

Was ultimately shot by a guy with a gun.

Yep...pretty "American".

Double teamed sloots with his brother...