RB/WR/OLB Malachi Lewis

Player: Malachi Lewis

Hometown: Oxnard, CA

Position: RB/WR/OLB

Height: 6’3”

Weight: 196

40 time: 4.68

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Michigan,Georgia Tech, UCLA, UNLV, Oregon, California, Arizona, Washington, Nebraska, Baylor, and Oregon State

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:#16/ :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Nice second tier athlete, simply not as developed as some of the other players, but he’s young and very well could come later. Loves the game and loves to compete. Lewis played running back rushed for 2,187 yards and 24 touchdowns. He gets about 25 carries a game. As an outside linebacker on defense, I had about 15 tackles, one sack and one interception

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10% Huskers one of the few to offer.

• 1 month later...

• 6 months later...

Well at least we are still in the mix with this guy. Do we have a spot available that's my only question? :dunno

Since we were up to 31 commits and are now back at 29 I'd say there must be room.

The six guys that are here already, I believe are going to count on last years class as it only had 19. (I read that in a paper one time, maybe I am wrong with that.) So that would at least put us at 23 for this years class with the max of 25 allowed. So technically we could bring in two more guys, or we could keep those scholarships either for JUCOs next year, or award walk-ons a couple of scholarships next fall.