Oregon State

4 hours ago, shyndy said:

Nobody willing to mention that maybe Colorado state is good this year

CSU is pretty good this year, expecially on offense... but not THAT good. Some stats from the OSU board...

The 58 points scored by CSU is the most points Oregon State has given up against a non P5 school - ever.

It is the most points scored on them since 2005 by 11th ranked Louisville and the most by an ooc opponent since Texas scored 61 in 1987.

Mike Riley coached 173 games at Oregon State and gave up 52 points or more 6 times.  Gary Andersen has coached Oregon State in 25 games and has given up 52 points or more 5 times.

The problem for OSU is they didn't hire the Gary Andersen that was winning 10 games at Wisconsin - that Gary Andersen was forced by his AD to run someone elses playbook with someone elses type of players. OSU hired the Gary Andersen that decided to start a WR named Tanner McEvoy at QB over Joel Stave and then proceed to throw the ball all over the field when he had Melvin Gordon and Corey Clemment in his backfield.

(Remember the LSU game where McEvoy threw for 50 yards and had 2 bad picks and yet a healthy Melvin Gordon had 3 carries in the entire 2nd half even though LSU struggled to stop him in the first half? Wisconsin had no buisness losing that game but they did because Andersen was so intent on proving his system would work.  That game is Gary Andersen in a nutshell.)

• Plus1 5

7 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

I'm not placing blame on MR at all.  I'm placing blame on Andersen.  When MR left, the QB (Jack Del Rio's kid) was told there wasn't room for him.  A lot of kids left because Andersen told them there wasn't room for them.  The LB had already graduated and and chose not to play for Andersen.

A lot of fans here in Oregon talk about how Riley left the cupboard bare.  That obviously wasn't the case.  There were players here that moved onto starting positions on SEC teams.   

Oh okay, I understand now. I suppose at least some of that talk is to be expected. But much like our situation, this year should help shed light on the direction we can expect going forward. I think you have to give a coach 2 years just for system transition purposes and to begin to get the type of players they want. IMO, getting rolled by CSU in the 3rd season opener is a pretty bad sign. It would be about the same as us severely struggling with Arky St.

5 hours ago, El Diaco said:

Oh okay, I understand now. I suppose at least some of that talk is to be expected. But much like our situation, this year should help shed light on the direction we can expect going forward. I think you have to give a coach 2 years just for system transition purposes and to begin to get the type of players they want. IMO, getting rolled by CSU in the 3rd season opener is a pretty bad sign. It would be about the same as us severely struggling with Arky St.

Not only did they get rolled, but they quit.  That's a scary sign.  Quitting during the first game of the season.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Always root for CSU in that game.

OSU will roll PSU......I think