Nebraska athletics not a fan of Fox Sports' "Children of the Corn" send-up

I understand the connection people are making, but holy sh#t. Act like your from the Midwest and quit being so sensitive over a college football ad. We're the Cornhuskers. Our state is mostly cornfields*. It's a good ad. I'm more embarrassed about the university making a stink about it than I am the actual ad.

I live in Omaha. My city is surrounded by cornfields and even has a few littered throughout the middle of it. If you have a problem with people thinking we don't have running water and we just recently got electricity, I suggest you get the f#*k over it. Since when has anyone from the Midwest gave a sh#t about what people from other regions think?

* Cornfields referring to any sort of field, whether it's corn, beans, hay, wheat, pasture, etc.

Come on, puh-leeze. 

As you may be able to tell from my name, I was born and raised in Southern California (My connection to Nebraska runs through family that goes back generations). The whole corn, or corn field thing doesn't bother me a bit. I don't think of Nebraska as a bunch of hicks. Seriously, embrace it. What is the AD going to do next? Change the name to the Nebraska Metropolitans to completely cut ties with the corn farmer tradition. And really, it's not like the perception that Nebraska has a lot of corn fields is exactly far off. I've driven through the state....has the AD? When you take a little cross state journey, you do see some corn fields. 

I love Herbie, and I love the name Cornhuskers and I love the tradition. When one of my friends sarcastically asks me: "What's a Cornhusker?", I will usually reply with an explanation about how before the invention of implements that automatically husk corn, the cornhusker was a very important part of Nebraska's farm economy. And then I will usually follow that up with: "What's a Trojan?". Just sayin'. 

I uhhhhhh, LIKE it when the CORNHUSKERS are shown in relationship to CORN...  I like that the state is 'stereotyped' as rural.  I like the tradition of small, rural, dusty towns and their blue-collar 'stereo-types' gettin' together in groups and passionately watch 'their' team as it takes the field.  I like the 70's version of Herbie Husker.  I like big, 'corn-fed' "hogs up front".  I'm sorry but THAT is what a lot of us were raised around, taught to respect...  I like listening to my local AM station when I can't watch the Huskers on TV...  I think it's awesome to pull into Whitney, or Crawford or Danbury or Dix and seeing N flags flying, people talking about the season and CORNHUSKER regalia displayed in PRIDE.  So, I kinda think the commercial was fine...