Husker Chalk Talk - Monday Recap: Domination v. 4.0

Cdog923

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Just looking at that...I don't think that was how they were supposed to line up.  Like, I think that was just a mistake.  

I would think so too, but I feel like we've seen them do that multiple times this year

I'm not sure I'd count 'an on target pass that was knocked away by tight coverage' as a +.  To me, that's a "should have worked through his progression and found a different target because that's a ball Ohio State defenders will intercept."

12 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Well, and it's clear that the Kalu to Safety experiment probably needs to be done. I know Reed got hurt (how much that affected the run D is a question left to time), but Reed has played better than Kalu has. Shift Kalu back to CB and Lamar Jackson to the bench until he learns how to tackle. 

Speaking of beating dead horses, it would have been nice had the coaches not been so stuck on removing any competition for Lamar Jackson that they moved a starting corner to safety leaving us with two below-average corners.

• Plus1 3

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

I'm not sure I'd count 'an on target pass that was knocked away by tight coverage' as a +.  To me, that's a "should have worked through his progression and found a different target because that's a ball Ohio State defenders will intercept."

Speaking of beating dead horses, it would have been nice had the coaches not been so stuck on removing any competition for Lamar Jackson that they moved a starting corner to safety leaving us with two below-average corners.

I can't fathom why someone who tackles as poorly as Lamar Jackson is still allowed to start. Kalu should have been moved back the very second Chris Jones got hurt.