Thanks Dave Rimington - See you in a couple years?

Dave Rimington came in and did exactly what was expected.  He was a calming presence, didn't attract a lot of unnecessary attention (except that which was natural given his ties to the program) and was pretty much out of sight once the hubub died down.  We've got a solid guy onboard now as the new AD in Moos.  I think he is a no-nonsense guy and will get things ironed out.  I'd stop just short of calling him a hatchet man,  but yeah.

At 66, I don't think he's a long term guy, which opens the door for DR to return once he's done with the foundation.

How's that for homer-ism!?

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, beorach said:

You have to wonder, of course, given his having been tabbed for the interim.  I hope his health wouldn't be a problem.  I didn't watch the latest 'presser' but someone was telling me he looked very large.

I don't think Rimington would take on the job of a full-time AD, but I can see him coming back to NU to work with the athletic department.  He's a great ambassador for the football program and University.  But, given his physical limitations (sounds like he has bad knees from his playing days) he may not want to day to day, week to week grind of being AD.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't think Rimington would take on the job of a full-time AD, but I can see him coming back to NU to work with the athletic department.  He's a great ambassador for the football program and University.  But, given his physical limitations (sounds like he has bad knees from his playing days) he may not want to day to day, week to week grind of being AD.

Good point.  I'm sure he's at a point financially where he can pretty much do what ever he wants.  He is a great ambassador for sure.  Would be nice to have him involved at some level, even if informally.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

Dave Rimington came in and did exactly what was expected.  He was a calming presence, didn't attract a lot of unnecessary attention (except that which was natural given his ties to the program) and was pretty much out of sight once the hubub died down.  We've got a solid guy onboard now as the new AD in Moos.  I think he is a no-nonsense guy and will get things ironed out.  I'd stop just short of calling him a hatchet man,  but yeah.

At 66, I don't think he's a long term guy, which opens the door for DR to return once he's done with the foundation.

How's that for homer-ism!?

I wondered the same thing. I think Dave would be an amazing AD. He has the personality for it and the athletic chops for it as well. I am hoping that's how it works out. Mr. Moos can secure Scott for us then stay for at least 3-4 years then retire while having already secured Dave R. For AD on Moos retirement. Sounds like a plan to me!