The Democrat Utopia

38 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ehhhhh, the ADL is way out on its skis with this one.   50 plus 50 is 100 and that’s not racist.  Using, I’m committed 100% is not racist.  Answering a question about liking something with 100% is not racist.  

Just because some nitwits are using 100% and combining it with racist terminology, then that is racist and it’s hard not to see that for what it is.   The ADL is acting like we shouldn’t use 100% because racists are using it now and it gives them credence.   That’s just plain silly.  Just like the ok symbol.   People claim every white person who does the okay symbol is flashing a racist sign.   Gimme a break.  

That certainly ignores everything I just went to the trouble of posting. 

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

You're arguing against ghosts.

If by ghosts, you mean posters on this board, then, well, yes I would agree.  

15 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

The ADL hasn't made any claims even remotely like this. They have a database of things used as hate symbols, and they explain what the thing is and why/how it's being used and that's it

That’s actually “not it”.  Because you know what happens next.  Next time someone the everything is racist bros don’t like uses 100% for something, that crowd then states it a dog whistle.  Next thing ya know people need to not use 100% out of respect for the marginalized community.  Same s#!t happened with the okay hand symbol. 

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s actually “not it”.  Because you know what happens next.  Next time someone the everything is racist bros don’t like uses 100% for something, that crowd then states it a dog whistle.  Next thing ya know people need to not use 100% out of respect for the marginalized community.  Same s#!t happened with the okay hand symbol. 

We as a society need to do a better job of calling our real racism, and stop trying to create fake racism to push some agenda. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

We as a society need to do a better job of calling our real racism, and stop trying to create fake racism to push some agenda. 

But what if that agenda is to expose the racism that some people pretend is fake?  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

But what if that agenda is to expose the racism that some people pretend is fake?  

Well, it depends on how many and who the some people are along with whether or not the racism is fake or not.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
10 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Thinking about this further,  even if some skinhead dork/loser put 100% on a shirt, all that would make me think, is that he’s a 100% douche! 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
24 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You know what happened with the okay hand symbol? People still use it. 

It typically requires context. As mentioned: Damian Lillard hits a three pointer, no problem. Cop holds it up at a George Floyd rally, worth looking into. Don't recall the "okay" issue coming up the last couple years. Don't expect the 100% controversy to disrupt the math community. Totally expect the worst douchebags on the internet to stir up outrage wherever they find it.  Can't let it dilute legitimate outrage.  

Because when Nick Fuentes is a dinner guest of the once and future President of the United States, you can't make fun of dog whistles anymore. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

That's a willfull misreading of what I actually said. 

A handy technique for pretending things are not racist, btw. 

What does btw mean?  Is that some racist thing about blacks and whites?

And it is LITERALLY what you said, just own it!  It is okay!  It doesn't mean you are wrong or bad.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1