Contest II: Design new HuskerBoard Banner

I like the idea of a new banner for this site, so heres the contest you've been asking for.

Round 1 of the contest is now open. The winner(s) of round 1 will be displayed at the top of the site for 2 weeks.

We will then hold round 2 later this summer when more people are around to participate. The winners from round 1 & 2 will compete to become the ultimate winner -- at which time they can create a new banner, or enter their original design. We will then hold a vote to select the winning design, which will be used as the new banner for Huskerboard.com.

The final winner will be awarded 25 hboard points ($25 gift cert to huskergear.com).

Requirements:

Deadline for Round 1 is Sun/June 11

Image dims must be no larger than 750px by 85px

Image size must be under 50 KBs

"HuskerBoard.com - The Heartbeat of Husker Nation" must be displayed prominently

No f'ing purple

Lets get it on!!

:horns2

is there a way i can take my finished "product" and reduce it to under 50 KBs while keeping the 750px by 85px dimensions? im using the GIMP

I've not used the GIMP in some time, but you should be able to either change the compression or reduce the color pallete and get it under the limit one way or the other - or both.

:clap I love these things, seeing what kind of stuff all the different people pull together! Also is there a limit on submissions?

Sure let em rip, but ultimately we'll need to narrow your submissions to 1 or 2 each. We can even have a pre vote-off to select your best work if you'd like.