Mark Cuban is a tool

DaveH

Oh, I don't know. While he likes being around the players and he does drop into the huddles, from what I've read and heard he doesn't actually try to coach or tell the coaches who to play, etc.

Couple that with the fact he's willing to spend whatever it takes to make the franchise attractive to players (the damn locker room and rec room, just for starters), I'd bet a lot of coaches would love to work for him.

Is he an arrogent SOB? Yep. Does he have a right to be? Anyone who can suceed the way he has? Sure.

Oh, I don't know. While he likes being around the players and he does drop into the huddles, from what I've read and heard he doesn't actually try to coach or tell the coaches who to play, etc.

Couple that with the fact he's willing to spend whatever it takes to make the franchise attractive to players (the damn locker room and rec room, just for starters), I'd bet a lot of coaches would love to work for him.

Is he an arrogent SOB? Yep. Does he have a right to be? Anyone who can suceed the way he has? Sure.

Yea, you have a point. But he is still a tool. :)

Never saw the Reality show, but I'm sure most of us (fans, which is what he is) would be pretty much the same way. The only difference between him and us (at least me) is that he is a billionaire. I would love to have him own one of my teams any day. Look at it this way, a few years ago, the team was built on many superstars, all of those players didn't play defense, only offense, but now he has a team that does play enough defense to at least make it to the Finals. He learns as he is going. Does what it takes. Good Owner.

Never saw the Reality show, but I'm sure most of us (fans, which is what he is) would be pretty much the same way.  The only difference between him and us (at least me) is that he is a billionaire.  I would love to have him own one of my teams any day.  Look at it this way, a few years ago, the team was built on many superstars, all of those players didn't play defense, only offense, but now he has a team that does play enough defense to at least make it to the Finals.  He learns as he is going.  Does what it takes.  Good Owner.

Mark Cuban is the best thing that has happened in the NBA in terms of new owners in the last 10 years. He's does gives a rat's you know what about winning. First and foremost, he is a fan of the game...I only wish more owners thought in terms of that first!!!! :clap

Never saw the Reality show, but I'm sure most of us (fans, which is what he is) would be pretty much the same way.  The only difference between him and us (at least me) is that he is a billionaire.  I would love to have him own one of my teams any day.  Look at it this way, a few years ago, the team was built on many superstars, all of those players didn't play defense, only offense, but now he has a team that does play enough defense to at least make it to the Finals.  He learns as he is going.  Does what it takes.  Good Owner.

Mark Cuban is the best thing that has happened in the NBA in terms of new owners in the last 10 years. He's does gives a rat's you know what about winning. First and foremost, he is a fan of the game...I only wish more owners thought in terms of that first!!!! :clap

I don't have any problems with him, but I really don't care about the NBA either.

I don't really care about the NBA either, but one of the reasons I watch is the Mavs because of Cuban. I love his passion to win. And the fact that he's willing to do whatever it takes. I think he's the best franchise owner in any sport.

What I would really like to see is Mark buy a team like the Royals or Brewers and use his resources to build a winner in one of those markets.

I think he has done an incredible job with the Mavericks since he bought the team. I would love to work for that organization because he treats everyone to luxury. It is rare in this day an age to see an owner spend money because he wants to win. Most owners (time warner) just buys a team to make money and have a tax break.

I like his aggressive attitude in challenging the league to move forward, the passion he has for the game, and that he will do anything it takes to win. I dislike his arrogance and frequency of letting everyone else in the world know that he is a billionaire and will do whatever the hell he wants and he is pretty damn sure he is better than you. The guy will go to an ATM and leave his receipt in the machine so the person behind him can see exactly how much money he has. Kind of a dick move if you ask me, but to each his own I guess.

• 1 month later...