Huskers @ Oral Roberts - March 20-21

21 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

How long until Erstad is on Moos' radar? 

I'd wager he already is, TBH.

13 hours ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

11-4 final.

That was an Old Testament Bible Thumpin' right there. :facepalm: Here's hoping we can go New Testament or even just Supply-Side Jesus on them today. :koolaid2:

Also...it's odd that we haven't seen anyone cover the slide in the media. Guess the focus right now is on Moos and Miles. :dunno I sent a tweet to Sipple to ask, regardless, so maybe we'll get someone to cover this?

Edited by VectorVictor

Even after a third straight season of not qualifying for any kind of tournament, there were still media and fans defending Mike Anderson so all I expect there is more "But they won the Big 10 regular season last year!"  Yes, and aren't building on it, at all, and are getting waxed by teams with terrible RPI rankings.  The pitching injuries are bad, but it doesn't matter if on offense you leave the bases loaded with less than 2 outs more often than you actually score at least 1 run in that scenario.  Even if the pitching were solid, Nebraska still doesn't generate enough runs consistently to do much damage, which is why they keep losing regional games (including to some pretty average teams) by scores of 4-1, 5-1, 6-0 etc.  These have been persistent issues for multiple seasons with more than enough roster turnover (typical in college baseball, not a knock on the coaching staff) to start pointing to the head man.

But here's the thing, Erstad has higher standards than the rest of us.  I just want to win a game in a regional now and then, and beat the teams we should during the regular season.  Erstad came out guns blazing before the 2012 season, stating if his goal wasn't to make it to Omaha, he shouldn't take the job.  Well, 7 years in and we're really no closer to a CWS appearance than we were in June 2011 when Anderson was canned.  Point being, I could see Erstad resigning and/or taking a job at the Major League level (where he would quite probably excel.)

Edited by HuskersNC949597