Post-Practice Presser - March 29

I wasn’t sure about Walters coming in and his abilities since I believe Frost called the plays at UCF.  After hearing interviews I think he is a good one and have no concerns. Frost didn’t seem the least bit worried last season with missing a game for his kid’s birth so there’s that too.

It will probably take half the season for us to become familiar with this offense before becoming experts criticizing the play calling :D

1 hour ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Is Snyder hurt again?  If not, I would not be surprised to see him leave.

I think Ozigbo wants to prove some people wrong, which is great for the RB room competition.

Although I'm not sure we have an absolute stud in our RB room, I think we have some studly competition there. They are going to duke it out and make our top few much, much better backs.

1 hour ago, Caliborn72 said:

Not bad, I would definitely expect the defense to be a bit ahead of the offense in the spring. That’s something to watch for though, we heard similar issues of the offense not always bringing it last spring and it should have been a warning sign.

Not worried or anything.

Great point. It's also a good reminder that these types of revelations may not be representative of anything. We heard the defense was playing really well and had the upper hand on offense last year, which led a lot of people to believe (and expect) the defense would be improved. That ended up being far from the reality.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Although I'm not sure we have an absolute stud in our RB room, I think we have some studly competition there. They are going to duke it out and make our top few much, much better backs.

That's probably the position group I'm most intrigued by outside of quarterbacks. There's quite a bit of playing experience behind the likes of Wilbon and Ozigbo, Bradley played a little and is described as a good fit for the offense, then you have a guy like Bell as a highly rated JUCO running back. That's going to be a tough road to navigate for anything hoping to get the lion's share of the carries.