Post-Practice Presser - March 29

Just now, Caliborn72 said:

Not bad, I would definitely expect the defense to be a bit ahead of the offense in the spring. That’s something to watch for though, we heard similar issues of the offense not always bringing it last spring and it should have been a warning sign.

Not worried or anything.

I agree it's something to watch but not a big concern right now. 

The defense has minor changes compared to what the offense is going through right now.

• Plus1 2

Nebraska tight ends coach Sean Beckton said he’s pleased with the transition that guys are making to a different style. The assistant named Jack Stoll, Austin Allen and Kurt Rafdal as guys who’ve had good practices so far, and he’s looking forward to seeing what David Engelhaupt can do when he gets back from a sore hamstring.

Is Snyder hurt again?  If not, I would not be surprised to see him leave.

Running backs coach Ryan Held said he’s pleased with the catching ability of all the backs thus far. He singled out a play made by Devine Ozigbo, where the senior caught a pass well behind him at a high speed. Held said catching passes is big for running backs in this offense because they’ll create a lot of opportunities in open space.

I think Ozigbo wants to prove some people wrong, which is great for the RB room competition.

• Plus1 2

49 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I'm not really surprised. On paper, going by the recruiting sites, our O-line should probably have been pretty solid the last few years. But, well, you know. Hey, the guys are probably excited to finally be getting some real coaching!

1 minute ago, Toe said:

I'm not really surprised. On paper, going by the recruiting sites, our O-line should probably have been pretty solid the last few years. But, well, you know. Hey, the guys are probably excited to finally be getting some real coaching!

You're right.  On paper we have plenty of talent.

I think another big thing is I don't see Austin as a guy that just plays his favorites.  Cav seemed to pick his 5 favorites and the competition was over.

This staff will have an ongoing competition and if you start slacking you're going to get left in the dust, which also means if you keep working hard you have a chance to jump up the depth chart.  That chance is all it takes for guys to start getting better.