The Slauson Special

When you work close to the campus, you can anticipate running into Husker coaches and players every now and then. Today at Lunch, I went to Chipotle (if you don't know what that is, it's a place that basically makes HUGE burritos and sends you to the bathroom 2 minutes after you finish them). As I was ordering my burrito, I noticed that the guy next to me was, well, substantially large and very recognizable. Another glance and I noticed that it was Matt Slauson. Standing next to a 6'5, 335lb man is startling enough UNTILL I saw what they were making him. These burrito makers were making what I later found out from the cashier was the Slauson special: two tortilla shells slightly overlapping each other, extra rice, extra meat, extra well, about everything. They had to have two people roll it together :o I tell you what, this thing wasn't just big. This thing was a work of art that should be at the Sheldon Art Museum. This thing would make that Japanese hot dog eating champion shiver. It was frikin AMAZING!!!

If your ever at the Lincoln downtown Chipotle and you haven't eatin in like a month (or have a death wish), try the Slauson Special -- Good luck!

Those Chipolte burritos require me to struggle a little to finish one. I have a feeling they weigh between 1.5 and 2 pounds. I could easily make two meals out of one burrito. I can only imagine how big that ended up. Cuz they don't use the tiny tortilla shells, they use the big ones. Two of them, that must have been the size of your head.

When you work close to the campus, you can anticipate running into Husker coaches and players every now and then. Today at Lunch, I went to Chipotle (if you don't know what that is, it's a place that basically makes HUGE burritos and sends you to the bathroom 2 minutes after you finish them). As I was ordering my burrito, I noticed that the guy next to me was, well, substantially large and very recognizable. Another glance and I noticed that it was Matt Slauson. Standing next to a 6'5, 335lb man is startling enough UNTILL I saw what they were making him. These burrito makers were making what I later found out from the cashier was the Slauson special: two tortilla shells slightly overlapping each other, extra rice, extra meat, extra well, about everything. They had to have two people roll it together :o I tell you what, this thing wasn't just big. This thing was a work of art that should be at the Sheldon Art Museum. This thing would make that Japanese hot dog eating champion shiver. It was frikin AMAZING!!!

If your ever at the Lincoln downtown Chipotle and you haven't eatin in like a month (or have a death wish), try the Slauson Special -- Good luck!

That is exactly right! I have nicknamed it Sit-pot-le, cuz you eat it and you will definitely be sitting on the pot! :lol: To me it is similar to boneless wings at Buffalo Wild Wings soaked in Spicy Garlic. You know you're gonna pay for it, but it tastes so good, you don't really care. :clap Amigo's is also similar to this. Have your drinks, eat Amigo's, and get home and sleep/pass out before it hits you. :thumbs

:lol::restore2

I went to Chipolte today and ordered the Slauson Special and the person behind the counter looked at me like I was from outer space or something-------Oh yeah, I was in Colorado Springs-----never mind