2021 G Hunter Sallis [Gonzaga - Signed LOI]

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Roy has three national titles.  He will coach there as long as he wants.

3?  

Are you trying to count the loss vs the Illini as a win?  Classic UNC fan.

My guess, they want Roy gone because he can't recruit like Duke but they don't have a replacement in mind because they can't get Self.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, teachercd said:

3?  

Are you trying to count the loss vs the Illini as a win?  Classic UNC fan.

My guess, they want Roy gone because he can't recruit like Duke but they don't have a replacement in mind because they can't get Self.

Uh, they beat Illinois in 2005. 

And I agree with @ColoradoHusk, he's there until he says he's done. I'm fine with this; it's doubly satisfying when Duke beats them. 

6 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

And I agree with @ColoradoHusk, he's there until he says he's done. I'm fine with this; it's doubly satisfying when Duke beats them. 

Ugh, how did Duke become such a popular team?  As a UNC fan, it's good knowing that Roy has more NC's and conference titles than Coach K since Roy came back to Chapel Hill.

11 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Nah...UNC did not beat Illinois.  The refs beat Illinois that game.

13 fouls on UNC?

Illini went to the like 6 times?

They foul out James Augustine in the national title game???

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Ugh, how did Duke become such a popular team?  As a UNC fan, it's good knowing that Roy has more NC's and conference titles than Coach K since Roy came back to Chapel Hill.

Duke is very binary; you either love them, or hate them. And as a Duke fan, it's nice to know that K has more national titles and conference titles than Roy since God created the Earth ;) .

This brings up an interesting question: I think both Roy and K are done in the next 3 years. Who is going to take over at Duke and UNC when they decide to hang it up? I'm fairly certain Chris Collins or Jeff Capel will be the top two candidates at Duke, but I think they might make a run at Brad Stevens.  

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Nah...UNC did not beat Illinois.  The refs beat Illinois that game.

13 fouls on UNC?

Illini went to the like 6 times?

They foul out James Augustine in the national title game???

I mean, I don't disagree with you. 

8 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Duke is very binary; you either love them, or hate them. And as a Duke fan, it's nice to know that K has more national titles and conference titles than Roy since God created the Earth ;) .

This brings up an interesting question: I think both Roy and K are done in the next 3 years. Who is going to take over at Duke and UNC when they decide to hang it up? I'm fairly certain Chris Collins or Jeff Capel will be the top two candidates at Duke, but I think they might make a run at Brad Stevens.  

I get Coach K has been successful, but he has snow-jobbed the entire nation into thinking he is a "class act" and runs a "clean program".  That guy berates officials all the time, and has gotten into bag-dropping the past decade.  My guess that Capel will follow K, just because he's the better bag-dropper, err recruiter, than Collins.  The one thing going against Capel is that he wasn't great at OU and will need to succeed at Pitt to show he can actually coach.  I agree that Duke will make a big run at Stevens, which would make me sick if he goes there.

Regarding replacing Roy, I have no idea who would be a good choice there.  There aren't a lot of successful college coaches who have Carolina ties.  I doubt that Carolina goes "outside the Carolina family" to hire the next coach.

9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I get Coach K has been successful, but he has snow-jobbed the entire nation into thinking he is a "class act" and runs a "clean program".  That guy berates officials all the time, and has gotten into bag-dropping the past decade.  My guess that Capel will follow K, just because he's the better bag-dropper, err recruiter, than Collins.  The one thing going against Capel is that he wasn't great at OU and will need to succeed at Pitt to show he can actually coach.  I agree that Duke will make a big run at Stevens, which would make me sick if he goes there.

Regarding replacing Roy, I have no idea who would be a good choice there.  There aren't a lot of successful college coaches who have Carolina ties.  I doubt that Carolina goes "outside the Carolina family" to hire the next coach.

Collins had the chance and the timing was perfect after he took NW to the dance but K refuses to retire and why would he, I mean, it makes sense that he would stay but he sort of f#&%ed over Chris.

Stevens is in my opinion a long shot at best.  He hates coaching in the pros BUT if Indiana could not get him I don't think any college will.    

Carolina would probably love to get Self, he is probably the best of all the cheaters, even when he gets caught nothing happens!  Ha

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I get Coach K  Roy has been successful, but he has snow-jobbed the entire nation into thinking he is a "class act" and runs a "clean program". That guy berates officials all the time, and has gotten into bag-dropping the past decade. 

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, there. 

40 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Hubert Davis might be the leader in that clubhouse if they stay within the family. Wes Miller might be a name to keep an eye on. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • seaofred92 changed the title to 2021 G Hunter Sallis [Gonzaga - Signed LOI]