Hypotheticals:

ScottyIce

59 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Is Harbaugh on the hot seat if Michigan loses?  I doubt it, but then again Michigan is the "fan base" that sent death threats to their own punter a few years ago.  Real classy folks, those Meatchicken fans.

Something about glass houses.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/collegesports/article/Nebraska-player-s-protest-prompts-threats-9289858.php

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe could be used at the beginning of the end, but most certainly that end is not after this season. A loss to Nebraska will make his seat a little warmer and be used against him next year when they continue to have mediocre results and his seat starts to get hot.

I would also say Urban Meyer's tenure at Ohio State ends before Harbaugh's at Michigan.

I think the prestige of beating NU has taken a downward turn.  We are not the power we used to be....I am sure some teams in the B1G, probably chalk playing us as a W.  Michigan probably being one of them.  We beat them, in the Big House, with an 0-2 team and a brand new coach who "caused" a split MNC in 1997 and said his 2016 Knights were more physical will not endear Harbaugh to the fans or boosters.  It will probably make his seat warmer at the least.  IMHO, it wouldn't be the end, BUT how they do the rest of the season, it could be seen as tipping point.  Lose to OSU, Michigan St won't be good for him.

30 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think the prestige of beating NU has taken a downward turn.  We are not the power we used to be....I am sure some teams in the B1G, probably chalk playing us as a W.  Michigan probably being one of them.  We beat them, in the Big House, with an 0-2 team and a brand new coach who "caused" a split MNC in 1997 and said his 2016 Knights were more physical will not endear Harbaugh to the fans or boosters.  It will probably make his seat warmer at the least.  IMHO, it wouldn't be the end, BUT how they do the rest of the season, it could be seen as tipping point.  Lose to OSU, Michigan St won't be good for him.

Tipping point is perhaps what I should’ve said, because more of what I meant, I don’t see him getting fired on Monday when we beat them Saturday, hypothetically of course.

The only problem I see with this hypothetical, is that, I just sadly cannot see us winning this game, and I also just don't see it as being a close game.  Sure hope I am wrong, but I have to believe that the Blue rodents are better than either Colorado and Troy.  Purdue is our best bet for our first win of the season....Damn, that hurt typing that out. 

1 minute ago, Mad Foot said:

The only problem I see with this hypothetical, is that, I just sadly cannot see us winning this game, and I also just don't see it as being a close game.  Sure hope I am wrong, but I have to believe that the Blue rodents are better than either Colorado and Troy.  Purdue is our best bet for our first win of the season....Damn, that hurt typing that out. 

Hypothetically, you could be correct.

1 minute ago, Redux said:

Depends how badly we smoke them, amirite?

Hypothetically speaking, yes.

4 hours ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Are the morons who made those threats actual Husker fans though?  Because stuff like that is what trolls from sCUm and KSUcks would do.  It's not like it is difficult to create a fake social media profile.  Not saying those weren't Husker fans saying that crap to Ivey, just saying I'm hard pressed without any actual proof to believe it is actually Huskers fans who did that.

1 minute ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Are the morons who made those threats actual Husker fans though?  Because stuff like that is what trolls from sCUm and KSUcks would do.  It's not like it is difficult to create a fake social media profile.  Not saying those weren't Husker fans saying that crap to Ivey, just saying I'm hard pressed without any actual proof to believe it is actually Huskers fans who did that.

I'd imagine that they were probably husker fans. Have you ever heard of occam's razor? This seems like a perfect example of that theory.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

So confused. Did you just hear about that? It happened a couple years ago, hypothetically.

Just now, ScottyIce said:

So confused. Did you just hear about that? It happened a couple years ago, hypothetically.

No, I heard about it when it happened.  I just never saw any screen captures or anything like that.  It possibly could have been some Husker fans, but I'd say trolls from one of our old Big 8 opponents would probably take that opportunity to make NU look bad.