Would Memorial Stadium Fans ever...

"Tear down the goal posts"?

I was trolling the UT forum great fans btw all except this one who was just trying to get a rise, i suppose. He said to Husker Fans if we win against Texas would we "tear down the goal posts?"

Then I thought is there any team in Div 1A Football that we would "tear down the goalposts" for if we beat them?

In my humble opinion the goal posts should never come down @ memorial stadium. That only happens after a huge upset. We should never be shocked to win at home, we should expect it every time. Just my 2 cents.

Not to sound cocky but my thoughts exactly

besides tearing goal posts is for teams like Ohio you know...

the ones that have never been there

In my humble opinion the goal posts should never come down @ memorial stadium.  That only happens after a huge upset.  We should never be shocked to win at home, we should expect it every time.  Just my 2 cents.

or KU... <_<

In my humble opinion the goal posts should never come down @ memorial stadium.  That only happens after a huge upset.  We should never be shocked to win at home, we should expect it every time.  Just my 2 cents.

or KU... <_<

or that team in Columbia that doesn't know how to spell its state.

I cast my vote for tearing down the goal posts in LA and bringing them back to Lincoln in pieces, then welding them together into some f'd up abstract art piece to put on campus.

or KU... <_<

or that team in Columbia that doesn't know how to spell its state.

I cast my vote for tearing down the goal posts in LA and bringing them back to Lincoln in pieces, then welding them together into some f'd up abstract art piece to put on campus.

That would rule.

I have no problem with the fans tearing down a goalpost but only if it is well earned. Big upset, not beating a team for a long time, etc.

I agree. NU really doesn't need to, IMO. I feel it just means that we won when we weren't supposed to.

NU should never feel that way. :thumbs