*** 2024 Recruiting ***

2024 Profiles

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - DANIEL KAELIN
RB - 1 - 
WR - 6 - KEELAN SMITHDAE'VONN HALLISAIAH McMORRISQUINN CLARKJACORY BARNEY, JD CRISP
TE - 3 - IAN FLYNTCARTER NELSONERIC INGWERSON
OT - 2 - PRESTON TAUMUAGRANT BRIX
OG/C - 3 - GIBSON PYLEJAKE PETERSLANDEN DAVIDSON

DL - 2 - ASHTON MURPHYCARLON JONES

LB - 2 - WILLIS McGAHEEJAXON LEEJayshawn Ross
DB - 7 - ROGER GRADNEYMARIO BUFORDBRAYLEN PRUDEEVAN TAYLORDONOVAN JONESREX GUTHRIECALEB BENNING

P - 1 - KAMDYN KOCH

Early enrollees: Kaelin, Hall, Smith, Barney, Flynt, Pyle, Murphy, McGahee, Gradney, Buford, Taylor, Guthrie

Edited by Mavric
Updated
  • Plus1 1

I imagine we land 2/3 of Sanders/Ruggeroli. Dylan Riley the Boise State RB is slated to visit as well. I don’t get the take on Sanders. We have so many DBs the last two cycles. 

Brings us to 29.  leaves us with no DL in this class. Wonder if they go after a portal DT. 

57 minutes ago, Decked said:

I imagine we land 2/3 of Sanders/Ruggeroli. Dylan Riley the Boise State RB is slated to visit as well. I don’t get the take on Sanders. We have so many DBs the last two cycles. 

Brings us to 29.  leaves us with no DL in this class. Wonder if they go after a portal DT. 

I know Cooper loves his under the radar athletes, but I'm really wondering if a few guys in the WR/DB mix in this class committed without waiting for confirmation on their spot. Wouldn't shock me if a few guys currently committed don't actually sign with us and end up flipping to G5 schools between the Dec and Feb signing days. No inside info though, just the only way the numbers and offers out there make sense to me. Also wouldn't shock me if they do sign and the lower rated guys pan out the best.

8 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I know Cooper loves his under the radar athletes, but I'm really wondering if a few guys in the WR/DB mix in this class committed without waiting for confirmation on their spot. Wouldn't shock me if a few guys currently committed don't actually sign with us and end up flipping to G5 schools between the Dec and Feb signing days. No inside info though, just the only way the numbers and offers out there make sense to me. Also wouldn't shock me if they do sign and the lower rated guys pan out the best.

Like who?  The lowest rated WR is Clark at 84.  That's fairly low, but he's from Montana and dominated up there.  I get the feeling he's better than his ratings.  So, I agree with your last statement.

All of the DBs in the class are 86 or above.   That's fairly high to think they aren't good enough to play P5.

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Ashton Murphy is listed as DL.

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Like who?  The lowest rated WR is Clark at 84.  That's fairly low, but he's from Montana and dominated up there.  I get the feeling he's better than his ratings.  So, I agree with your last statement.

All of the DBs in the class are 86 or above.   That's fairly high to think they aren't good enough to play P5.

Ashton Murphy is listed as DL.

I guess I meant more so a DT body type. Forgot about Murphy. Although I don’t believe it’s set in stone he plays DE. Could be OT. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So maybe they switch to P5 schools instead, sure. They're mostly in that 86-88 range, and IMO that's a huge gray area in the recruiting sites. A lot of guys in that range are recruited by big name schools, and a lot go to G5. It's where the guys they just don't quite know what to do with end up. It's also not so much they can't play as we don't have room to take every guy who can. You can't judge everything based on their other offers, but here are some lists:

• Crisp - Arkansas State, Service Academies, Iowa (assuming this is a walk-on or non-committable spot, it's an old offer)
  • Jones - South Dakota State, Wyoming
  • Taylor - East Carolina, Rutgers, Charlotte
  • Gradney - SMU, Sam Houston State, Texas Tech
  • Guthrie - Wyoming, Penn
  • Clark - Montana, Montana State, Portland State

Some of these are complicated - if it wasn't clear to Jones that his offer depended on other guys saying no, you're burning some in-state bridges turning him away. Gradney is an exceptional athlete and highly rated, but his competition was poor and no one else seems to be gambling on the traits. I think all of these guys can play, but we're at something like 16 scholarship DBs, another 6-7 guys who seem slated for DB in this class, and Rhule saying they're not going to push guys out. Maybe some of these guys play receiver, but you can't have 25% of your roster playing DB. And I don't believe we would plan to be in this position, which leads me to believe some of these guys may have jumped the gun.