Last to post wins

Something really cool happened to me today. So I'm in the line at Tasty Tacos in downtown Des Moines when this guy walks in and immediately notices my hat. Of course it's a Huskers hat and I'm on lunch from S.W.A.T. team training. So we get to b.s. about the Huskers and he says he is part of Iowans for Huskers and they meet on Thursday nights at 6:00 and said I should stop by. I tell him that I have seen a few things on huskerboard.com about this and that me and a couple of Iowans were thinking of stopping by sometime. So I get to the front of the line give the guy my order and give him my debit card to run through the machine. For whatever reason his machine screwed up and wouldn't take ANY debit cards!!!! So I'm looking for one of my other buddies to lend me some money until we get to an ATM machine when this guy pays for my lunch!!!! He told the guy "he's a buddy of mine and I'll pay for it." I tried to talk him out of it, but he wasn't having it. He told me that he appreciated what I did for the community and on top of that I was a Husker fan so I was family. I couldn't believe it!!!! :thumbs

Something really cool happened to me today. So I'm in the line at Tasty Tacos in downtown Des Moines when this guy walks in and immediately notices my hat. Of course it's a Huskers hat and I'm on lunch from S.W.A.T. team training. So we get to b.s. about the Huskers and he says he is part of Iowans for Huskers and they meet on Thursday nights at 6:00 and said I should stop by. I tell him that I have seen a few things on huskerboard.com about this and that me and a couple of Iowans were thinking of stopping by sometime. So I get to the front of the line give the guy my order and give him my debit card to run through the machine. For whatever reason his machine screwed up and wouldn't take ANY debit cards!!!! So I'm looking for one of my other buddies to lend me some money until we get to an ATM machine when this guy pays for my lunch!!!! He told the guy "he's a buddy of mine and I'll pay for it." I tried to talk him out of it, but he wasn't having it. He told me that he appreciated what I did for the community and on top of that I was a Husker fan so I was family. I couldn't believe it!!!! :thumbs

ahhh, the old bank card reader machine breaking down trick, to get a free meal. good one

JK

great story, now make sure that you pass the good deed Karma on to someone else

I know you're not going to believe this but I was there, well not the day you were, but I have been to Tasty Tacos in DM before. Last August I think when I was working for a publisher out of SF. CDS in Des Moines is the fulfillment house they used their business. I used to go to Des Moines for business with CDS on Bell Ave (i think that the street name) ANYWHO, went to Tasty Tacos on my way back to Denver the last time. Not bad food by any means.

small world.

I know you're not going to believe this but I was there, well not the day you were, but I have been to Tasty Tacos in DM before. Last August I think when I was working for a publisher out of SF. CDS in Des Moines is the fulfillment house they used their business. I used to go to Des Moines for business with CDS on Bell Ave (i think that the street name) ANYWHO, went to Tasty Tacos on my way back to Denver the last time. Not bad food by any means.

small world.

isnt there a law against stalking

Now thats family!

• Mavric locked this topic
  • Mavric unlocked this topic
  • Mavric locked and unlocked this topic