Last to post wins

Can't you do your Masters over the net. Hubby is.

Probably, but I don't really like doing that. I would rather keep going once a week like I've been doing. It would take me two more years in school to get it done.

Do it. Seriously. First, it's easier to continue now that you're used to it - take a "break" and it's worlds harder to get back into it. Second, it opens up options for you - you may think now that you won't use it, but 10 years from now, you may be ready for a change. Third, while two years may seem like a long time at the moment, it's a drop in the bucket.

More education is never a bad thing.

I'm thinking about it seriously, but my only problem is finding a way to pay for it later. My student loans are already going to be between 20 to 30,000 and that would probably add another 20,000 on top of that. I wonder if there is scholorship programs that I could use considering I'll graduate with some type of honors and have a GPA of around 3.7 or so???

I'm sure there are - and there are also grants and such for so-called "non-traditional" students, and you fit that bill. Check in with the financial assistance office to see what's out there before you make in a decision.

I will thanks for the support AR. I've even thought about going in the military and getting the financial assistance from there, but I don't think the wife is going to dig that idea. ;)

BRI, the Army pays 100% tuition up to $4500 a year for me to go to school. but i dont want to sound like a recruiter again, if you want more info PM me

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

Officer duty ain't bad. With your experience, a degree and an MA/S I'd think you could do pretty well. Retire with 30 years and you're still young enough to really enjoy the best part of your life. Like H-Rob I don't want to sound like a recruiter and let's face it we wouldn't know each other if we were on the same elevator but its an option that can be considered.

>>>T_O_B

The only problem with becoming an officer is don't you have to do so many years active duty first before you can go in the guard and be an officer??? I'm not willing to give up my career to do so many years active duty. ;)

Been a long time since I was in BRI and I'm sure things have changed many time since. Just think it might be an option worth looking at. Don't sign, just talk. It cna be tough on the wife and her support would be essential.

Just about the time I have my loan paid off, C~Bear starts at UNL to the tune of $27,000. a year. Will probably be able to handle it but what I want to know is, "When do I get to start drinking premium beer instead of what's on special that week?" :rollin

>>>T_O_B

Can't you do your Masters over the net. Hubby is.

Probably, but I don't really like doing that. I would rather keep going once a week like I've been doing. It would take me two more years in school to get it done.

Do it. Seriously. First, it's easier to continue now that you're used to it - take a "break" and it's worlds harder to get back into it. Second, it opens up options for you - you may think now that you won't use it, but 10 years from now, you may be ready for a change. Third, while two years may seem like a long time at the moment, it's a drop in the bucket.

More education is never a bad thing.

I'm thinking about it seriously, but my only problem is finding a way to pay for it later. My student loans are already going to be between 20 to 30,000 and that would probably add another 20,000 on top of that. I wonder if there is scholorship programs that I could use considering I'll graduate with some type of honors and have a GPA of around 3.7 or so???

I'm sure there are - and there are also grants and such for so-called "non-traditional" students, and you fit that bill. Check in with the financial assistance office to see what's out there before you make in a decision.

I will thanks for the support AR. I've even thought about going in the military and getting the financial assistance from there, but I don't think the wife is going to dig that idea. ;)

BRI, the Army pays 100% tuition up to $4500 a year for me to go to school. but i dont want to sound like a recruiter again, if you want more info PM me

Officer duty ain't bad. With your experience, a degree and an MA/S I'd think you could do pretty well. Retire with 30 years and you're still young enough to really enjoy the best part of your life. Like H-Rob I don't want to sound like a recruiter and let's face it we wouldn't know each other if we were on the same elevator but its an option that can be considered.

>>>T_O_B

The only problem with becoming an officer is don't you have to do so many years active duty first before you can go in the guard and be an officer??? I'm not willing to give up my career to do so many years active duty. ;)

No you don't have to do active duty to become an officer or go into the gaurd. But the thing to remember is right now, you will probably get deployed, whether your active or in the guard. Hubby resigned from the Reserves in July of 2001,his 8 yrs were up, and he wasn't interested in re enlisting Sept 11th happened and he was told by the Army that if they need him he will be sent. He had to do 8 yrs after graduation to pay for his education. He's never been called, but they check up on him every 6 months or so, I think just to make sure he's still alive.

• Mavric locked this topic
  • Mavric unlocked this topic
  • Mavric locked and unlocked this topic