Superstitions?

This is probally the wierdest of all of the superstitions, but I usually have about 10-15 people over to watch husker games and whenever we score or the D makes a big play we all cheers our beers and then sing the "Boomer Sooner".

Wrong team <_< :spooners

yeah what the hell mang :angry:

explain that <_<

I have to stand for 3/4 of the game even at home. I just cant sit there and its too nerve-racking
lol my roommates leave the house when i watch at home. i scream lots of obscenities at the top of my lungs when things go wrong.

yep, this is how I watch the game too. I even have been known to stand in the corner of my livingroom holding and biting my couch pillow when games come down to the wire. it's kinda like watching a horror movie for me. Then there will be times i'm standing and watching on my couch

and of course my roomate thinks it's hilarious when one moment i'll be cussing out Taylor and what a terrible pick for a quarterback he was, then the next moment I'll be praising him to the high heavens. :D

This is probally the wierdest of all of the superstitions, but I usually have about 10-15 people over to watch husker games and whenever we score or the D makes a big play we all cheers our beers and then sing the "Boomer Sooner".

Wrong team <_< :spooners

yeah what the hell mang :angry:

explain that <_<

We do it more or less to mock OU, cuz we look like a bunch of retards jumpin around hootin and hollerin. It gets to be a good laugh when people haven't seen us do it before. However, we do not do it when we play OU, or at least I don't partake in it.

yep, this is how I watch the game too. I even have been known to stand in the corner of my livingroom holding and biting my couch pillow when games come down to the wire. it's kinda like watching a horror movie for me. Then there will be times i'm standing and watching on my couch

and of course my roomate thinks it's hilarious when one moment i'll be cussing out Taylor and what a terrible pick for a quarterback he was, then the next moment I'll be praising him to the high heavens. :D

i have that problem too...cussing and playing the arm chair quarterback to praising him, and hyping him to heisman levels...it's a vicious cycle :thumbs

no real superstitions.

when i watch the games at home i end up watching it by myself because the wife gets up set at me yelling at the TV, telling the players to sack the QB, recover the fumble, get rid of the ball etc.

she always tells me that they cant hear me, and by that time i have said something that puts me in the dog house and she leaves the room

p.s.

NU is 10-1 on games that I have attended, with the only loss being ASU 19-0, including 2 Fiesta Bowls (Florida & Tennesee) and a Kickoff Classic (aTm)

I am scared to tape games on our VCR because every time I tape a game we lose on that thing. But we got a brand new VCR/DVD player this year so I am hoping that I can break the curse and tape some games this year so I have something to watch in the summer. There shouldn't be a curse knowmore its different right, I hope so.

I have a couple...

1. I wake up the same time every gameday (9:00), turn on my neon Nebraska lamp above the TV and watch College Gameday.

2. When Gameday ends, I shower (11:00) and put on my red NU jersey (been a #7 jersey since 2001 but might change to a 13 this year :thumbs )

3. If it's a home game I watch it on my widescreen, if it's an away game I watch it in the basement.

4. If I'm sitting a certain way on my couch and the game is going the Huskers way. I will NOT switch positions for anything if it's still working. (I should add I sat the same way on the couch for the whole 4th quarter of the Alamo Bowl.)

5. If I am eating something and the game is going the Huskers way I either,

A. Make more of that food

B. Nibble on that food (usually pizza or hot wings) until the game turns. (I ate a single piece of pizza for 2 OT's during the ISU game because we were winning)

6. If the Huskers win, my jersey goes unwashed for next week, it gets hung back up. If the Huskers lose, the jersey is IMMEDIATLEY in the wash to get the loss out.

None others I can think of....

I have a couple...

1. I wake up the same time every gameday (9:00), turn on my neon Nebraska lamp above the TV and watch College Gameday.

2. When Gameday ends, I shower (11:00) and put on my red NU jersey (been a #7 jersey since 2001 but might change to a 13 this year :thumbs )

3. If it's a home game I watch it on my widescreen, if it's an away game I watch it in the basement.

4. If I'm sitting a certain way on my couch and the game is going the Huskers way. I will NOT switch positions for anything if it's still working. (I should add I sat the same way on the couch for the whole 4th quarter of the Alamo Bowl.)

B. Nibble on that food (usually pizza or hot wings) until the game turns. (I ate a single piece of pizza for 2 OT's during the ISU game because we were winning)

6. If the Huskers win, my jersey goes unwashed for next week, it gets hung back up. If the Huskers lose, the jersey is IMMEDIATLEY in the wash to get the loss out.

:rollin:thumbs love it :cheers

If Im at home watching or at a husker party have to do a shot

after every husker score.

Buddy, you're going to be really drunk this year during games! :thumbs

At least lets hope so...because that means us scoring a lot.

I hear you that is for the early part of the season when I cant

make it up to Lincoln due to my sons football. So for the first

half of the games that I cant make I better be sh#t faced.

I have a couple...

now THAT'S what I call gameday supersition!

I love it!

I am scared to tape games on our VCR because every time I tape a game we lose on that thing.

i have one similar but not as bad (i at least get to record the games!). When I record a game on a tape that had a previous recording (movie, game, whatever), they'd lose.

in '02 i ended up with a few VHS tapes with losses and i couldn't record over 'em with the next week's game. :angry:

A *new* tape wasn't necessarily good luck, but a used tape seemed to be bad luck.

I tried something else last year though- i recorded over the losses with a blank screen, sort of cleansing the tape. it seemed to work (recorded Baylor over TTech).

but i had used a brand new tape for OU and TTech :angry:

-I also don't eat during games as it seems to bring bad luck. food with my gameday nerves is not a good combination anyway.

-One adopted from my father: if we're together on gameday, after every score we push the buttons that play There Is No Place Like Nebraska. he appears to be superstitious about it.

I too have a neon light that's a part of my gameday rituals. :thumbs

yeah that sounds familiar. except i allow my self to move in between plays. and the position may differ between offense and defense.

I used to set up little trinkets around the tv on gameday. I stopped after 2002 :dunno

I haven't missed a game in 26 years. Every job I have accepted had to agree to the stipulation "if it is game day I DO NOT WORK". I don't care what day or what time I do not work that day at all. Most employers laughed and said sure, until game day and I made it clear we made an agreement. :lol:

I also scream at the TV. I also tell little facts about the players and the team and the anouncers usually say just about the same thing soon after and my wife says what do we need to hear the game for. B)

I have had to record a couple games in the last 26 yrs, but ban any and all news, or communication from the outside world. :cheers:cheers

Mine is the cause of the down fall of the program.

I was given a life size plaster footbal with NO 1 1970-71 on it. It has always been a prized possession

Three days before the infamous Colorado masscre, it was knocked from the shelf and broken. I picked up the pieces and put them in a box.

I never did anything with them until prior to last years games. I glued it back together and put it back in its rightfull place. It seemed to help.

I now have a new one, and it was not cheap. But we should return to the Nebraska of old now.

You can all blame me for the downfall, I take responsiblity. But now the wrong has been corrected. Just win baby.

Oh by the way it is now velcroed to the shelf and there is rail around it if it should come loose. If it gets broken again I will just kill myself, rather than go through it again.