Athlon Head Coach Rankings

19. Scott Frost, Nebraska

Frost returned to Lincoln tasked with elevating his alma mater back into the mix for Big Ten titles and more of a factor on the national scene. As expected, there were growing pains in Frost’s first year, but Nebraska showed improvement down the stretch with a 4-2 finish over the final six games. Despite a 4-8 mark in his first year, Frost heads into 2019 with momentum on his side. Led by quarterback Adrian Martinez, the Cornhuskers will be a trendy pick to win the Big Ten’s West Division this fall. Frost previously went 19-7 at UCF from 2016-17. The Knights were 0-12 in the year prior to Frost’s arrival but improved by six games the following year. And in 2017, UCF went undefeated (13-0) and finished No. 6 nationally in the final Associated Press poll.

Link

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What record would Frost have to get this year to move up these rankings?

8-4 IMHO.  After two 4-8 seasons. doubling our wins would be quite an accomplishment.  I'm all N, but guarded in my optimism.  We lost a lot of offense with Morgan and Oz being gone.  Questions still remain at D on all 3 levels save CB.  He continues to build the program, he will have mo issues moving up. Recruiting is on the upswing.  I'm hoping to see a lot more development of the guys we are getting than what we saw form previous staffs.

6 hours ago, lo country said:

8-4 IMHO.  After two 4-8 seasons. doubling our wins would be quite an accomplishment.  I'm all N, but guarded in my optimism.  We lost a lot of offense with Morgan and Oz being gone.  Questions still remain at D on all 3 levels save CB.  He continues to build the program, he will have mo issues moving up. Recruiting is on the upswing.  I'm hoping to see a lot more development of the guys we are getting than what we saw form previous staffs.

If we go 8-4 I don't see Frost moving much in these rankings. Doesn't mean he shouldn't be higher, but I think it would take a bigger season to jump him up these specific rankings too far.