The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+

• 1 year later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

32 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's a bit amazing how little chatter these shows engendered. We finished watching the series this weekend. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't memorable. Very little action and very little drama. 

Yeah, it wasn't bad, but in many ways seemed like a run of the mill crime-action series. In comparison, WandaVision was more creative and outside the box.

One thing I did appreciate was focusing on race as a major theme. I know that sort of thing turns off a lot of people when they are just trying to be entertained, but those kind of social issues have not really been directly confronted in this way in much of the MCU (they haven't avoided those issues, Black Panther is a tremendous example of pushing issues forward without being in your face about it, but they have rarely made a direct commentary).

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

It's a bit amazing how little chatter these shows engendered. We finished watching the series this weekend. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't memorable. Very little action and very little drama. 

35 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Yeah, it wasn't bad, but in many ways seemed like a run of the mill crime-action series. In comparison, WandaVision was more creative and outside the box.

One thing I did appreciate was focusing on race as a major theme. I know that sort of thing turns off a lot of people when they are just trying to be entertained, but those kind of social issues have not really been directly confronted in this way in much of the MCU (they haven't avoided those issues, Black Panther is a tremendous example of pushing issues forward without being in your face about it, but they have rarely made a direct commentary).

One thing to remember is that this was supposed to be Marvel's first entry as a TV series, and really the first real look into the post-Snap MCU. That, and it was used to establish not only 

Spoiler

a new Captain America

but the relationship between Sam and Bucky itself. I personally loved the series; it could have maybe used an extra episode to pad some of the Flag Smashers' story out, but it did a great job re-establishing the universe and these characters' places in it. Wyatt Russell absolutely killed it as John Walker, too. 

• Plus1 1