If that game felt familiar...

32 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

We can support the coach and still critique the hell out of said coach, he royally screwed up after giving us a line of BS all off season.  Some of us now see the smoke blown up our arses and we will call him out on it.

And Frost being Nebraska born and raised, felt that first hand as a player would expect nothing less IMHO.  If we were not passionate about  a team that has gone from glory to the grave yard, we wouldn't be Nebraska.  

As some of the most knowledgeable fans around, we call out BS.  Doesn't make us bad at all.  That game was on him (he admitted the same) and a few losses last year were as well IMHO.   

21 minutes ago, lo country said:

And Frost being Nebraska born and raised, felt that first hand as a player would expect nothing less IMHO.  If we were not passionate about  a team that has gone from glory to the grave yard, we wouldn't be Nebraska.  

As some of the most knowledgeable fans around, we call out BS.  Doesn't make us bad at all.  That game was on him (he admitted the same) and a few losses last year were as well IMHO.   

I was actually backing up landlord as someone called him out.

• Fire 1

I’m hearing in Pender that this week Dr. Tom steps into the fray. A full-throated - and public -  defense of our favorite son. He calls out the naysayers. Tells the fan base to stay calm. Reminds Corn Nation he was only 9-3 in his second year as HC.  With losses to Wisconsin, Missouri (Matt didn’t play) and Oklahoma. Season was an abject failure with the loss to the Sooners.

Tom denounces the sad state of affairs left by former coach and AD. Also denounces that AD from North Platte. Compares that guy to OBL.

5 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

We should give that a shot. We’ve tried everything else. 

Yea, it's a catch 22.  How do you win with poor talent but how can you attract better talent without winning? 

From Ruud:

“Every game’s important for not just Colorado recruiting, but recruiting overall,” he said. “If you win games, recruiting’s easier. If you lose games, recruiting’s harder. It’s just the way it is. You’ve got to produce on the field. You can be as big of a used-car salesman as you want to. If you’re not producing on the field, it makes things a little bit harder.”

You need coaching that consistently gets better performance out of their recruited talent to attract better talent.  We're going the opposite direction which I never expected.

7 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Yea, it's a catch 22.  How do you win with poor talent but how can you attract better talent without winning? 

From Ruud:

You need coaching that consistently gets better performance out of their recruited talent to attract better talent.  We're going the opposite direction which I never expected.

Defensively, I think we have improved to some degree.  More TO's, sacks, TFL etc......I think the CU game showed lack of depth on the back end and LB group.  Couldn't keep pace.  Couldn't get a TO or stop when needed.  I'll say they were gassed, but will and want to go a long way.  A lot of other teams play against them at Boulder.....and didn't appear as gassed as we did.  

Kids don't just see the win/loss column.  They see scheme, coaching ability etc as well.