Win #900

knapplc

20 minutes ago, I am I said:

Confounding to me is texass has that many wins but growing up in the 80s as I did until now

So if you no longer grew up in the 80s, when did you grow up now?  :D

20 minutes ago, I am I said:

, I don’t remember them being a “somebody” in college football until the late 90s early 2000s. 

Probably because they weren't that much of a power in the 80s and early 90s.  They were good but not great in the late 70s and most of the 80s and generally poor in the late 80s and early 90s.  

Obviously they had a really good run from the mid-90s through 2009.  But their other big runs were in the 40s (after they hired Dana X Bible away from Nebraska - didn't know that until now), 50s, 60s and 70s.  Racked up a lot of wins there.

1 hour ago, I am I said:

Confounding to me is texass has that many wins but growing up in the 80s as I did until now, I don’t remember them being a “somebody” in college football until the late 90s early 2000s. 

They never seemed to really compete for championships or be on the major radar like tOSU, Bama, N, and OU were/are. Michigan and PSU, USC, Florida St, Miami, and ND I always remember being up there (in my mind at least lol) but not texass. From about 83-99 I just don’t remember them or their teams. 

They were stuck in the SWC which didn't get much attention outside Texas and the few non-Texas schools.  They had difficulty retaining Texas talent because of it and Big8 schools benefited by providing more national exposure.  At least that's how a Texas alum explained it to me.  They might have been winning but you didn't hear about it.  I was hoping history would repeat itself and the Texas League would add Houston, Rice, SMU restricting it's footprint to Texas, OK, KS.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

So if you no longer grew up in the 80s, when did you grow up now?  :D

Probably because they weren't that much of a power in the 80s and early 90s.  They were good but not great in the late 70s and most of the 80s and generally poor in the late 80s and early 90s.  

Obviously they had a really good run from the mid-90s through 2009.  But their other big runs were in the 40s (after they hired Dana X Bible away from Nebraska - didn't know that until now), 50s, 60s and 70s.  Racked up a lot of wins there.

It’s a work in progress to this day lol. 

But still..texass gets lots of juice but they don’t scream ‘major power’ to me. They have lots of wins tho.