OC or CEO

C N Red

33 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

I had breakfast (free for Vets at HyVee this morning) with two old boys.  One was claiming to be friends with a lot of the teammates of the Championship teams of the 90s.  He said most of them have a lingering dislike for Scott due to his trip to Stanford.  But he said every one of them is 100% convinced that Scott's hard nosed methods and determination are exactly what this program needs.  He also said that those ex teammates are at practice often, and feel that the crew in redshirts this year could kick the butts of the starters this year.  They think Scott is trying to build depth in the long haul, not immediate, shallow results.

Hope those boys know what they are talking about.  I'd like to believe that is the case, and for the next two to four years, I will believe that.

That is a possible partial explanation but I find it a little difficult to believe SF would be sacrificing this much in the way of immediate results if there was anything he could possibly do about it. We can all pretty much see that his recruits should be better than almost anyone MR had anything to do with. But this team is almost assuredly not going to be bowl eligible again. Approaching it as a long term rebuild is great but I don't believe that begins to explain the problems this season is showing. I'll believe this is what's going on if/when it comes to fruition and things are miraculously better beginning next year.  I'm not buying anymore excuses, coach speak, sunshine or Kool-Aid. I'm officially from Missouri now, they gotta show me.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

I had breakfast (free for Vets at HyVee this morning) with two old boys.  One was claiming to be friends with a lot of the teammates of the Championship teams of the 90s.  He said most of them have a lingering dislike for Scott due to his trip to Stanford.  But he said every one of them is 100% convinced that Scott's hard nosed methods and determination are exactly what this program needs.  He also said that those ex teammates are at practice often, and feel that the crew in redshirts this year could kick the butts of the starters this year.  They think Scott is trying to build depth in the long haul, not immediate, shallow results.

Hope those boys know what they are talking about.  I'd like to believe that is the case, and for the next two to four years, I will believe that.

If we do have guys redshirting that are better than the guys playing then they should be out there helping us win games and getting valuable experience. There is nothing "short-term" about that. This program has lost all momentum, may not even make a much-needed bowl, and recruiting has stagnated. That hurts us long-term.

• Plus1 2