Second Trump Impeachment Thread

Trump # 2 impeachment  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

George Conway is at it again- noting that Trump's firing of witnesses who testified truthfully is an impeachable offense. 

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/george-conway-trump-impeachment-013858062.html

So, my question is - will there be a 2nd time and when?

This thread is created mainly for the poll.   Carry on in the First Trump Impeachment Thread any discussions on impeachment.  If however, a 2nd seems likely then we can jump on this thread. 

My thinking is that the Dems may consentrate on trying to take the Senate before they try to impeach again.  And perhaps the voters will do it for them.  If the Dems take the Senate and hold the house and Trump is re-elected, then I suspect he will be Impeached and Convicted speedily during that first year of the 2nd term. 

The republicans need Trump in order to hold the presidency. If he wins, they just might support impeachment having already won the white house for four more years. This would set up President Pence, and leave Democrats running against an incumbent again in 2024. Incumbents are hard to beat. If this happens, they would be wisest to vote for impeachment just after January 2022, leaving Pence to finish out Trump's second term, with two terms of his own to follow, potentially. This could, in theory, set up 12 more years of a Republican in the Oval Office. 

47 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

The republicans need Trump in order to hold the presidency. If he wins, they just might support impeachment having already won the white house for four more years. This would set up President Pence, and leave Democrats running against an incumbent again in 2024. Incumbents are hard to beat. If this happens, they would be wisest to vote for impeachment just after January 2022, leaving Pence to finish out Trump's second term, with two terms of his own to follow, potentially. This could, in theory, set up 12 more years of a Republican in the Oval Office. 

Unique angle to take but plausible.   I suppose there might be some GOP senators who are tired of the trump drama and may prefer quiet Mike.   But they may fear voter back lash more.  

Ultimately, I just don't think there's enough time to drum up another impeachment before the election. If we are still in this hellscape next year then I would count on another impeachment with a partisan result (i.e. nothing because of the 2/3 majority required), but I'm very confident Trump will be voted out of the office he never deserved.

17 hours ago, mrandyk said:

Ultimately, I just don't think there's enough time to drum up another impeachment before the election. If we are still in this hellscape next year then I would count on another impeachment with a partisan result (i.e. nothing because of the 2/3 majority required), but I'm very confident Trump will be voted out of the office he never deserved.

Depends if they want to use House impeachment inquiries as a political weapon or not.