which RB do you really want?

hello, troy evans, rb, hayward, ca, 5'9", 195, 4.5, will be visiting on 09/22, along w/ austin stafford, lb, ****

p.s. NU is the 1st major school to offer evans, so others will probably soon follow

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=8&c=1&nid=2642240

2nd p.s. I like the fact that NU will get the 1st visits from rb's evans & bo williams (09/08)

NU's 2 best chances at rb are:

carmon boyd-anderson (NU is his top school)

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.a...sp?pr_key=52313

troy evans (NU = sept visit)

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.a...sp?pr_key=52972

justin sturns has grade issues, williams has so many suitors, devine = fl school (or juco/prep), & clay = osu, or wi

Coach Mahaffey from Rusk lines Sturns up deep in the shotgun and just lets him run from there. Sturns really is a great athlete with better speed than Glenn. The issue with Sturns is does he have his head on straight. The Rusk coaches have had some fairly significant discipline problems with Justin the last two to three years. I am hoping he will shut his lip and quit talking back to the coaches and being disrespectful to them. I would like to see him go on and realize his potential.

Oh, by the way, on Justin's highlights, the P in the middle of the field is for Palestine, aka, Adrian Peterson's old high school.

• 1 month later...

Justin Sturns (from Cody Glenn's old high school) got his 2006 season off to a nice start against Mabank last Friday night. Rusk won, 33-7.

Sturns had 16 carries for 305 yards and scored all 5 of the team's touchdowns. Sturns' TD runs covered 27, 34, 85, 50, and 47 yards Coach Mahaffey took Sturns out of the game at the 7:00 mark in the 4th quarter to prevent a potential injury.

Justin ran an electronic 4.4 second 40 yard dash at the Scout.com Combine earlier this year.

Justin has been working on his speed and the local papers in East Texas have reported that his Rusk coaches have timed him multiple times this fall at a 4.3 second 40 yard dash.

so will he be academically eligible? or is really just the disciplinary problems that seem to be keeping this guy off the radar?

On rivals, he is ranked 26th amongst RB's. He has NU at medium interest right now amongst other schools such as Iowa, Tennessee and Texas A&M. Taking a running back from Rusk worked the first time, why not take this kid? :dunno

I used to know one of the coaches on the Rusk staff but he moved to a Dallas area school at the end of last season.

Apparently Sturns is working on the character side quite a bit. Much better attitude this season and isn't causing the same problems for the coaching staff.

The thing I don't know about most importantly are his test scores!!

Sturns is to agility, lateral quckness, and burst through the hole what Cody Glenn is to power running.

If Glenn had Sturns' overall speed, he would be totally unstoppable!!

Justin Sturns (from Cody Glenn's old high school) got his 2006 season off to a nice start against Mabank last Friday night. Rusk won, 33-7.

Sturns had 16 carries for 305 yards and scored all 5 of the team's touchdowns. Sturns' TD runs covered 27, 34, 85, 50, and 47 yards Coach Mahaffey took Sturns out of the game at the 7:00 mark in the 4th quarter to prevent a potential injury.

Justin ran an electronic 4.4 second 40 yard dash at the Scout.com Combine earlier this year.

Justin has been working on his speed and the local papers in East Texas have reported that his Rusk coaches have timed him multiple times this fall at a 4.3 second 40 yard dash.

What kind of size does this kid have? I mean is he big like Glenn or is he a small shifty back.